~full moons~

Full moons Rosaleé bustled around the kitchen, doing anything to distract herself

Full moons
Rosaleé bustled around the kitchen, doing anything to distract herself. Viola sat on the window sill looking out for her father coming back.

It had been the full moon last night and mother and daughter were still waiting for Remus to return to the cottage.

Rosaleé was becoming increasingly more worried as the morning sun started to appear over the horizon of the sea. Perhaps he was badly hurt, or worse.

She don't want to think about it.

Suddenly the front door creaked open and Remus struggled in. He limped through the door, his body littered with deep gushing cuts, his shoulder didn't look as if it should his eyes blood shot and tired.

He stumbled forward making Rosaleé lurch forward and steady him before he could hit the kitchen floor.

"Viola, go to your room please" Rosaleé said when she noticed the look of their daughters face watching them as she sat on the window sill.

Placing Remus down on a chair she picked up Viola from the window and placed her on the floor.

"But I don't want to!" Viola murmured, "I want to help Daddy"

"Viola, what have we said about listening to adults? Off you go now" Rosa said sternly

Viola sighed and muttered to herself before toddling up the stairs and into her bed room.

"Merlin Remus" she sighed looking at the man slashed with deep wounds, "stay here, let me get my wand" rosaleé said rushing around the house to try and find it.

"Calm down Rose" Remus croaked, "is alright"

He tried to smile reassuringly at her but it portrayed more of a wince.

"Shut up Remus, you're not okay" she rolled her eyes grabbing her wand and rushing over towards him.

Rosaleé healed his wounds and flicked her wand making Remus' dislocated joints pop back into place.

After their Hogwarts graduation, Rosaleé had gone back to Madam Pomfrey requesting that she showed her all the spells and tricks to help heal Remus, without Remus' knowledge of course.
Remus always did wonder how Rosaleé knew all the healing spells and used them in the exact same way that their school nurse did. He had his suspicions of course but never mentioned it to Rosaleé.

The pair had formed a routine after the full moon and it had almost become like clockwork. Some nights were worse than others but nothing that they couldn't manage.

Rosaleé wet a cloth and pressed  it gently against the dried blood that had settled across his chest, left over from the large gashes that were previously there.

Remus placed his hands on her waist as she washed away the dirt and blood from his chest, shoulders and stomach, squeezing her a little as she passed over a particular tender bit of skin.

He leaned in for a kiss only for Rosaleé to push him back down into the chair

"Stop it, I'm fixing you up" she smiled pushing his hair away from his eyes and tracing a scar that ran diagonally across his face

"I'm fine" he smirked pulling her closer

"Stop it Remus" she laughed pulling away, "here, finish wiping yourself down. I'll see what Violas up to"

Remus watched his wife scale the stairs to find their daughter and couldn't help but feel so lucky in that moment in time.