Piece #3

"This is gold 3-2 preparing for takeoff do you copy command?"(Radio)

"Roger gold 3-2 stay frosty."(Command)

It was time for an operation. One that would drive into the heartland of these bastards. This was their intelligence base. Somewhere in Mexico. The plan was for ground forces to infiltrate the base and set up camp within it while paratroopers dropped in from the skies. This was basically a suicide op. Guess that's why they called us the suicide squad now innit?

Timeskip....

"Two-two-three-one we are near the base. I am detecting massive hordes of hostile but not any of our guys on the ground. What's your status?"(Radio)

"Gold 3-2 copy that running diagno-"(Radio)

'Boom!'

Flak fire. The mission had begun and the deaths were about to come.

"Shit! Flak fire! Flak fire! Take evasive manoeuvres!"(Radio)

"Shit we're hi-"(Radio)

"I can't hold her-"(Radio)

"Damn it! We're still not at the drop off point! Where the hell are our guys?!"(Radio)

"All aircrafts this is command, ground forces have not made contact with you guys or the enemy, what's your status?"(Command)

"Command! We're taking heavy flak fire!"(Radio)

"Shit this was a trap! All aircraft you have permission to deploy your troopers and use whatever you got to get the hell out of there. We need to save everything we've got!"(Command)

"Copy that!"(Radio)

"You heard em!"(Pilot)

"Roger that! Alright fellas strap your parachutes. We're going in 1 mike out!"(Airborne leader)

"Yes sir!"

Then the VTOL started shaking.

"We're under heavy fire! Get the hell out as soon as you're done!"(Pilot)

"C'mon hurry up!"(Leader)

We quickly strapped on our parachutes and secured them. Our skydive kits were also ready. Jet boosters were there to give us an edge in dodging fire when in the air. With that the Pilot dropped the ramp. We could see many explosions near other VTOLs and ours as well.

"Remember folks, our mission is to infiltrate this base to cripple them from within. Once you land, make your way to the camp that the ground forces set up. After that get any intelligence you can obtain. Be it thumb-drives or paperwork, just get it! Stay frosty."(Leader)

After that he put on his helmet and prepared to jump. Then-

'Boom!'

A nearby VTOL had just been destroyed and we all stumbled to gain our footing again. Before we could jump-

'Bang!'

The destroyed VTOL had crashed right in us. Many of us were on the floor and part of the wing of the other VTOL had penetrated through ours.

"Get out! Get ou-"(Pilot)

Before they could say anymore an explosion destroyed the cockpit and the pilots were all but nothing now.

"Jump!"(Leader)

We all started making our way to the ramp to jump off but I could see some struggle to get up and run to the end. Some even were sucked out of the aircraft from the opening that was created. Screams of terror and agony were heard but right now I had to make it to the end. Before I did though I grabbed onto some soldiers and lifted them up. Then I got into a brace position and jumped extending my arms out. I looked around and I could see VTOLs going down one after another even bringing some troopers down with them. Some of the trooper's gears were on fire and down they went...

I jet boosted to avoid incoming Flak fire. Many near me doing the same. Some couldn't do it in time and they were blasted away. By the time we reached below the clouds and could see the ground, only a few of us had made it through. From an outside perspective this would seem like a lot but there were 60 ships in total carrying 20 men each. This was at most about 350 men only. That's not even half.

We nosedived towards the ground. It came closer and closer and closer... then-

My parachute opened. The breeze in my face was still there but now I was vulnerable. Anything could shoot me down. Anything. I used evasive manoeuvres to avoid enemy gunfire. I could see others around me do the same. Some succeeded but some were shot down. One's parachute was shot to shit and he fell. Another was just riddled with bullets and was now a floating dead body.

I braced for impact and finally landed. Many around me did the same. Then I saw our Airborne leader.

"Alright! Push up make it to the camp ASAP!"(Leader)

"Yes sir!"

Many explosions surrounded us and we had to watch out for everything. It was a jungle like place. Flak Guns everywhere and even more terrorists.

"Covering fire!"(Soldier)

"Shi-"(Soldier)

"Go go go!"(Soldier)

We moved up and gradually the opposition's numbers dwindled. Soon enough the last man fell. We have to get to the camp! We pushed forward through the thick jungle towards the base. Then-

"This is delta 1-niner! We are taking heavy fire! Get your asses over here before we are overun! Broken arrow! Broken Arrow!"(soldier)

"We have to get there now!"(Y/N)

"Let's move!"(Leader)

We hurriedly made our way to the camp in hopes that we would arrive in time. We reached an overview of the base and saw our men being slowly killed off while the enemy was making steady ground. Time to get this show on the road!

I took out my sniper rifle and got into my position. Other snipers followed suit while the rest went down the hill and pushed onwards.

"On my mark, fire at will,"(Y/N)

"Yes sir!"

Just a little closer...in 3...2...1...

"Fire at will!"(Y/N)

With that we opened fire and one by one the enemies fell and some took cover. The rest had reached their position and they performed a counter attack on the enemy. We continued to provide support when most had turned a corner and they were no longer in our sights...

We slid down the mountain and made our way to the camp.

"Crater!"(Soldier)

"Meteor!"(Y/N)

"Boy are we glad to see you... we've got major casualties and injured. Recommend you follow up on your squad and push onwards while we deal with the wounded."(Medic)

"Roger that..."(Y/N)

And so it has begun...