|15|

- Dior -

It's been a few days since the whole Sandy situation and I've been shaken up after what Lucifer told me since then, so I've decided to complete my school work at home, too afraid to face her just yet. 

When will I be ready to face her?

Probably never. 

But when I do, I'll treat her like a b-word, like what Lucifer told me. 

I'm not sure how I'm going to go about doing that, but I'll make it happen somehow. 

Papa said he should be coming home today or tomorrow, but refused to give us any updates on my mother, which I'm used to. He always keeps me in the dark when it comes to his job. 

It's his way of guarding me from the evil. 

"Delilah, do you wan-"

"Shh! I'm trying to concentrate Luci!" I scolded him in a hushed voice, while listening to my lecture online. 

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised, as if he is challenging me to repeat what I just said. 

"..sorry. Continue please!" I corrected myself and the side of his lips tugged up into a small smile. 

"I was going to ask if you wanted to go out for ice cream."

"Really?! Of course-"

"But after the way you just talked to me I'm not so sure."

"Oh," I breathed out, disappointed in myself for speaking to him so rudely. "I apologised though!" I defended. 

"Hmm, you did."

"So..."

"So I'm going to let you concentrate on your work, bye Dior."

Closing the door, he left me in his bedroom alone, the computer still open and the lecture still going on. 

"Wait!"

I yelled out for him. 

"What?"

He answered from behind the door.

"C-Can you open the door a little please?"

After a short period of silence, he opened it slightly.

"Thank you," I didn't forget my manners this time. 

He nodded curtly, making his way into the room and sitting on the end of the bed, where we've both been sleeping for the past few days. 

Flashback (Second night at Lucifer's apartment) 

"Ready for bed?"

"Yep!"

Delilah answered after wiping her face dry and entering the bedroom. 

"Okay, goodnight."

Lucifer began to walk out.

I'm going to be alone? she thought to herself. 

"Where are you going?" she asked, slightly worried. 

He gave her a confused look. 

"To the couch?"

"Oh.."

"Problem?"

"N-No, I just thought you'd sleep here."

"We discussed this yesterday Delilah, I'm taking the couch, you take the bed, no ifs or buts."

"O-Okay."