39. Unexpected Unity

One hour.

In this span of minutes everything felt like an entire year. The earth was still being attacked by aliens and everyone started feeling the overuse of their quirks.

It almost felt like a dream... no... a nightmare that refused to get out of their sanity.

As time goes by so slow, the number of heroes and aliens falling down are continuing on both sides. Even on Thanos' side who didn't expect these many people with power to come. Be it as 80 percent of these humans are able to produce quirks but lesser could actually put said quirks into a strength worthy of being a so-called hero.

These people who's mind only revolved at quirk strength didn't thought about strengthening their own bodies and learning how to protect themselves, instead, stepped lower and became an ordinary citizen.

This war has proven how much quirk could be rendered useless. Because not all people who uses quirk, can defend themselves.

More and more liscensed heroes started falling down. The fight was getting intensified and both Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy are seeing the limits of quirks. It may have been a good start, but the further the chess pieces moves, the more chips were being eaten on their sides that it was unbelievable.

"Those who can't fight, step out of the battlefield immediately and let the medics check you!" Present Mic's voice rang through the city escape. His loud voice reaching each and everyone who were fighting.

As it was the first war, everyone are inexperienced. But it wasn't their first time encountering death threatening activities, but the time consumed in this fight isn't like any normal hero activity making this an all in all impossible task.

A few more were left but heroes from the other universe still fought like they would. They wouldn't yield for this world. They didn't want the same tragedy affecting it.

Thunder cloud enveloped the sky as Thor started summoning more lightning down to earth. The god was enraged as the child he could almost treat as one of his own is now lying dormant alone being moved somewhere to hide her body from Thanos' view. That child, he'll not let a single threat come close to her.

Steve himself didn't like the idea of Y/n being used as tool to this war. Although not human, he knew she still have emotions just like Vision. After all, being one with the stones meant a responsibility heavier than life. Y/n who carries the stone needed to hide who she was in order to cater them properly.

"Getting rusty there, huh?" Clint teased throwing more arrows towards his targets. As one of the people who's met that girl, he already have a soft spot for the child like she was one of his kids. Although her death right now is shockingly painful in his part, he needed to focus first and finish this war.

"I am old." Steve agreed but with a smile.

Natasha laughed, jumping through a building to steal an alien's hovering transportation thingy. "If you guys are going to talk about age, please keep it to yourselves." She spoke through their communication devices. She too was devastated by her sudden passing. Y/n stone was only able to see the world for 1 year.

If she had met her earlier, maybe she was more than devastated than this just like the suffering of hopelessness she felt for five years before the hope arises.

Landing into one of the alien, she clamped herself behind it, grabbing its head and chin as she pulled it on opposite side, making a cracking noise on its neck and redering it useless. She then kicked it out and balanced herself to her stolen ride, using the aliens' own laserbeams to attack them.

"Nat doesn't want her age revealed." Thor laughed.

"Because it's greatly considered rude." Falcon added, knocking off a few alien in the air by slaming them on his robotic wings.