29"

"My lady, a couple of death eaters have been spotted towards the east

"My lady, a couple of death eaters have been spotted towards the east. We believe them to be recruiting the werewolves that live in the colonies there. I'm afraid if even more Werewolves join the dark Lord then our numbers will be rivalled"

"What are the numbers Gibbon?" Zenevieva asked looking out of the window in the hall, gazing upon the mist covered grounds as the autumn moon started to appear.

"The order has the least, only around a couple of hundred alliances, and majority of those alliances do not fight"

"And Death eaters?"

"A couple of thousand" he winced

"And us?" Zenevieva pushed becoming more tense with anger

"A few hundred more than The Dark Lord"

"And it shall stay that way" Zenevieva spoke, turning around, her dress spinning around her ankles, "this is my army and I'll make sure we stay on top. If there's any visitors, don't let them in. Secure the castle while I'm gone"

She apparated away quickly, leaving the council in the hall to lock down the castle while she was gone.

"Lumos" she whispered, wanting to keep the advantage of secrecy

Scanning her surroundings she squinted her eyes, looking through the towering pines that filled the forest. A cold breeze rushed through the trunks, blowing her hair behind her as she surveyed the area.

In the distance a soft glow of a fire emitted through the darkness. Several tents and old shacks surrounded it.

The werewolf colony she was looking for.

Zenevieva took a few steps further, not wanting to disturb them or give away her presence, each step the leaves crunched under her feet.

She paused to a second, looking up quickly.

Crack

A twig had snapped beneath someones foot.

A few metres away she spotted two figures approaching the distant light; the death eaters her men had their eyes on previously

Careful to not make a noise she crept forwards, lurking behind the trees, edging nearer and nearer the two figures.

Wordlessly she casted the silencio charm over the unknowing death eaters.

Oh how she'd enjoy this.

Dumbledore had told her to keep a low profile.

Zenevieva could only laugh

She wasn't a piece of a checker board for him to move, she was a queen on a chessboard, and the war was her turf, she was just waiting to be able to call checkmate

Dumbledore was a fool to ever think that she'd obey his orders.

Zenevieva Gaunt would never put the order before her side of the war.

Because it was her war

That was so much becoming evident with every passing day

Every death eater captured

Every intercepted raid

Every death counted, and she was winning.

The same could not be said for the order, they were struggling.

But Zenevieva and her men, they were thriving

For the orders mistake was being too merciful, too weak in their attacks.

In some way the young woman was luckily.

In a very disarrayed way.

The young woman was able to watch the two older men make their mistakes, find their weaknesses.

So now after hiding in the shadow and watching, she didn't make those same mistakes and attacked their weak spots.

She cleared her throat letting her presence known making the death eaters spin around in shock.

"Surprise!" She smiled eerily, bringing out her wand

The two death eaters frantically reached for their wands, pulling them out as fast as they could, pointing them at her, their hands shaking.

Everyone knew of Zenevieva Gaunt now

Tales and whispered were spread across the wizarding community of a third side to the war, run by a woman; Zenevieva Gaunt.

The death eaters shot spells her way, each she deflected, bouncing off the trees surrounding them.

Bright sparks flew from her wand as she duelled them both at the same time, the unnerving smile still etched across her features, a dark shadow looming in her arms.

With one Death eater knocked out she focused her attention on the second one.

"Expelliamus!" She said catching his wand in her wand

The unfamiliar mans eyes widened, he was defenceless and bound to die.

Taking off into a frantic run he tired to sprint off into the woods, dodging the tall trees that sheltered them from the cold night air.

Zenevieva laughed to herself manically watching the wizard run for his life.

No chance.

She twirled her dagger in her hand before propelling it through the air.

The man didn't even have time to scream out in pain before the metal pierced his skin, straight through his flesh and pinning his body to the trunk of a tree.

"Foolish" Zenevieva muttered to herself before walking over and pulling the dagger out of the death eaters body watching him crumple to the floor in a pile.

She stalked over to the unconscious death eater laying on the floor by her feet.

"Sectumsempra"

To kill them straight away was too merciful.

So she watched them bleed out onto the forest floor, unconscious and unmoving.

Nodding to herself in satisfaction she wiped her dagger on the skirts of her dress before placing it back into its holder and apparating back to the castle.

Zenevieva would not let Tom Riddle have the upper hand in this war.

She had to be on top, and she would.