Chapter 36: Ignite

Securing his earpiece firmly in his ear, Isen activated his ability as he sat on the rooftop of a low-rise building, watching the calculated move of the guards through a set of loaned binoculars.

Placing his middle and index fingers to his earpiece, he spoke low and clear as the line buzzed to life.

"Keep your eyes peeled. From what Kuyo mentioned, these are only elite tier guards. We don't know if there are any of EMBER's high tier agents like Volcan here."

Blyke's voice crackled through the line. -/["Copy."]/-

Isen steadied a breath that escaped his now chapped lips. He had been worrying on them ever since he got off the train.

They all knew just how dangerous this was. Before Kuyo's grand reveal of EMBER and NXGen being connected, they hardly knew a damn thing about the organization. 

But after that, so many pieces started clicking together.

Why they needed John or why they would want him, mid tiers junking out on ability amplifiers, people like Volcan who sold the drugs to them. 

Yet, there was still so much they had yet to uncover.

Truly? Isen was riddled with terror. 

Remi had almost gotten killed by these people. Superheroes far more powerful and experienced than he was had been killed out there. And Alana...

The amped woman they had dragged into this paid the ultimate price.

She may have been a greedy and cruel person, but she didn't deserve a death as gruesome as hers had been.

The teen didn't want to see anyone else die or get hurt.

Hell, he didn't want to die to these wicked people!

Isen was only and elite while those around him were all so much stronger, so much more adapted for battle than him.

Part of him felt useless and he didn't know how much help he would be if they found themselves in a tight position.

He ran a hand through his hair.

How the hell was he supposed to help fight off against-?!

...

Isen shut his eyes for a second. 

No, he could still do something. Even if he was far outclassed by his opponents, he could still help people.

If he could fend off Volcan of all people while managing to protect Remi, than he sure as hell could help protect them now.

He couldn't just sit back and do nothing. He would never make that mistake again.