Alternative Ending: 1.1

This continues from chapter 76. Natasha and Steve just broke the Avengers out of the raft prison and they are in the Quinjet on their way to Wakanda.

This is chapter 1 of 7 of ending one. Some parts may be similar to the previous chapters, but I promise it will get more different :)

''Where are we going?'' Katya questioned. She realized she didn't even know where they were going. 

Natasha smirked mysteriously, picking the controls back up. ''Some place you've always wanted to go.''

''Wakanda?'' Katya sat up in her seat, excited to finally get into the country. ''Why are we going there?''

Natasha pointed over her shoulder with her thumb. Katya looked behind, but it wasn't clear who she meant. ''Barnes. The words in his head. T'Challa offered to place him back in cryo until Wakandan scientists have found a way to get the words out.'' It was a big change from T'Challa wanting to rip Bucky's heart out to offering to cure him. ''But we can't stay there. We're the reason eleven of them were killed, so they kinda hate our guts. Especially Wanda's.''

Katya stared at her hands, a thought popping into her head. She knew it wouldn't be appreciated by Natasha, but she'd understand. ''Maybe I should stay too,'' Katya started quietly and careful.

''What?'' Natasha's head snapped to her, features filled with shock and fear. ''Katya...''

''I almost killed you Nat.'' Katya exclaimed, frustrated. ''All he had to do was say those goddamn words and I was gone. You think I could live with myself if something like that happened again and I actually hit you this time?''

''That won't happen,'' the redhead said confidently, staring into the night sky.

Katya shook her head swiftly. ''You can't promise that, Nat.''

''Stop,'' Natasha said loudly, turning her whole body to Katya like the brunette had done before. Her face was stern and she didn't want to argue about this. Katya staying in Wakanda was not going to happen, not after she just got her back. ''You're not going into cryo. We'll find a way to get the words out, but I'm not letting you out of my sight again. And that is a promise.'' She took a deep breath, falling back into her chair.

Her tone was final and strict, but Katya stood firmly. ''You can't make my decisions for me, Nat. I'm my own person. I don't trust myself around you anymore. I can't risk hurting you or anyone else. I really want to close this HYDRA chapter and get rid of all the traces in my head.'' She took a breath, hating how this turned into a fight. ''I'm sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear, especially after you just got me back, but it will only be temporary.''

Natasha sat tense in her seat, jaw clenching and unclenching but not because of anger; because of the worry. ''There are risks, Katya. What if something goes wrong and they erase your memories. What if you don't remember who you are afterwards, or who the Avengers are, or who I am?''

Katya reached out and placed a hand on Natasha's arm. It relaxed her, but only a little. ''Wakanda has the smartest scientists on the planet. They won't mess it up. I want this.''

Natasha thought about it, a silence filling the space between them for a short moment. But she came to the conclusion this wasn't her choice to make. Katya wanted this and she had to support her in that. ''If you really want this, I will be with you, but I don't like it.''

Katya smiled slightly. ''I know. I'm scared too, but I promise it will be okay.''

Katya freshened herself up as much as possible, taking her disgusting prison clothes off to look somewhat presentable to the king of Wakanda. Natasha radioed T'Challa to get a second pod ready, and he accepted the order without protest. His father, Bucky and Katya were all victims, and he was happy he could help.