Chapter 23 Tattoo's, Mohawks, and Flinchers

"Since you joined cobra kai, I have been hard on you." My dad started while pacing around the front of the dojo. "I've called you names, I've humiliated you, some of you I've hit. And for that I don't apologize." He continued pacing quicker. "Cobra kai is about strength, if you cant be strong on the inside than you cant be strong on the outside. And right now you're all weak, and I know that, because I was you." He continued. The whole class looked at him with wide eyes and mumbled to each other slightly confused. "I used to have no friends, I used to be the weirdo kid." He stated while motioning to Bert. "But not that weird, I still hooked up with babes." He continued making sure to keep his head held high. "The point is I wasn't always the bada$$ sensei I am today, just like a cobra I had to shed my looser skin and find my true power, and you guys will to." He finished. 

Suddenly the bell attached to the front door rang. "Welcome to cobra kai." My dad called out while looking the direction of the door. I followed his gaze and looked at the boy who had just entered the dojo, I looked him up and down starting at his feet. He had navy vans on with medium length white socks. He was wearing shorts and a t-shirt with a half unzipped sweatshirt over it. I continued my gaze up to his face and hair, his hair was spiked up into a blue mohawk, I didn't recognize him until my gaze landed on his grey eyes, "Eli?" I questioned with wide eyes. "W-what happened." Miguel stated in shock. "I'm flipping the script." He replied with a smirk. "Wait are you the kid with the lip? Nice cut bro." My dad commented astounded by how different he looked. "You see that it doesn't matter if you're a looser or a nerd or a freak, all that matters is that you become bada$$." My dad lectured while pointing at Eli like he was the most incredible thing he had ever seen. "Hawk fall in." My dad stated while smirking over at Eli. He smirked in reply while kicking his shoes off and stepping onto the mat next to me. I looked over at him still shocked by the way he looked, "You're drooling darling." He teased while laughing slightly. I rolled my eyes at him and turned to the front of the class. 

"Fear does not exist in this dojo does it!" My dad asked Eli, "No sensei!" Eli replied. "Pain does not exist in this dojo does it!" He asked Aisha, "No sensei!" She replied. "Defeat does not exist in this dojo does it!" He asked Miguel and I, "No sensei!" We replied in unison. "Are you ready to learn the way of the fist!" He finished, "Yes sensei!" Everyone replied. My dad stepped back and nodded at the dojo before finally starting the class. 

***

When class ended I bowed and stepped off the mat, Miguel and Aisha were helping my dad clean the mirrors off because I did it by myself the day before. I walked over to where my shoes were placed and bent down to grab them. I slipped them on and stood back up quickly, I began walking around the corner to leave the dojo but I was stopped by someone in front of me. "Hi Ali." A shy voice cooed. I looked up and met Eli's eyes, he was smiling down at me. "Oh h-hi Eli." I replied still shocked by his appearance. "So I was uh wondering, did you mean what you said yesterday... about you liking me?" He asked while looking at the ground in front of his feet nervously. "Ya of course I did." I playfully replied. "Good." He smirked in response. I looked up at him confused before I spoke, "What do you mean by good?" I questioned. Eli shook his head down at me and spoke, "I wont just fall into your arms anymore, I've changed Ali Lawrence." He replied. I looked up at him with wide eyes as he kissed me on the cheek and walked out of the dojo like he hadn't just shattered my heart. 

'What the hell was that' I thought to myself. Miguel must have read my mind because a few seconds later he walked over to me, "What the hell was that?" he questioned with wide eyes. "I uh, I don't know." I replied truthfully while shrugging my shoulders lightly. "Whatever I need the gossip now!" He continued while grabbing my arm and pulling me out the door of the dojo. This boy got on my nerves sometimes. 

(The next day at training)

"Hey guys" I called out while taking my seat next to Miguel on the mat. "Hi." Eli smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Aisha so she could fill me in on their conversation, "Miguel wants to ask Sam out." She scoffed while rolling her eyes. I looked at Miguel and scrunched up my nose in disgust, "C'mon Ali I really like her." He pleaded trying to receive approval from me. "Fine but when she breaks your heart don't say I didn't warn you." I replied while turning back to Aisha with disappointment. "You could take her to get tattoos." Eli chimed in. We all looked at him and raised our eyebrows unsure if he was joking or not. "What?" Miguel questioned while Aisha and I chuckled slightly. "I know a guy, he just hooked me up with this bad boy." Eli stated while getting up and taking off the top half of his gi revealing a huge hawk tattooed on his back. "Holy sh!t!" I commented while looking at the details. "That's sick!" Miguel butted in also admiring it. "That's fricken bada$$!" Aisha continued while shaking her head in disbelief. I looked into the mirror and saw Eli smirking down at me, "I know right, 14 hours in the chair." He stated while flexing his muscles and abs into the mirror. "W-wait are your parents ok with that?" Aisha questioned sort of concerned. "They have no idea, definitely going to have to wear a t-shirt until college, maybe longer... please don't tell them." Eli replied while putting his gi back on and sitting down. "Uhhh any other suggestions?!?" Miguel asked urgent for a response. "D-don't look at me, Sam and I used to be friends, not anymore." Aisha stated when all eyes landed on her. Miguel looked at me desperate for a response so I decided to chime in, "If a boy were to take me on a date I would want it to be at night, there would have to be stars in the sky, no clouds I want to be able to look up and see the constellations. A picnic would be nice, or maybe mini golfing or roller coaster riding, it would have to be something outdoors and action packed. But that's just me, Sam probably wants some cheesy rich boy rom-com romantic date."  I commented, I said the last part in a cheesy girly voice mimicking the voice of one of the basic rich girls.