Chapter Six: Lucky Or Unlucky, I Can't Tell.

The carriage rode of leaving Elias to stand at the gate gazing at his new school.

The school was magnificent to say the least, it really did look prestigious with its blue, gold and white color scheme and masterful architecture, however for Elias it was amazing for only a moment before he realized it, to him this is the place ...

The school was magnificent to say the least, it really did look prestigious with its blue, gold and white color scheme and masterful architecture, however for Elias it was amazing for only a moment before he realized it, to him this is the place where he can either make or break his future and with the original Elias’ behavior in the story it’s safe to say that his future is breaking, and not slowly. But with a deep breath he walked in through the gates.

There aren’t very many students out but of the few that were there, he noticed a girl. He’s not sure why he noticed her but it seems he wasn’t the only one, the boys around looked at her with adoration and the girls with either envy or admiration or a mix of both. The crowd seemed to slow down as the girl talked with a strikingly handsome boy, now the whole crowd were also looking at the pair with envy or admiration. Elias continued on his path to the front doors of the school doing his best to keep a low profile and when he reached the front doors, for whatever reason he looked back at the couple and instantly he had a terrible feeling about them so he quickly went in.

The inside was just as nice as the outside, if not for the icy looks and glares he probably could have admired the school a little more. He felt a shiver down his spine from the looks he was getting so he decided to preoccupie his mind with finding his class room and finding out where to go first, he reached for his bag and rummaged through it a bit and found a crumpled paper with his subjects, class room numbers, and name of the teacher who would be teaching the classes, he scanned the paper and then flipped it over to make sure he didn’t miss anything and low and behold there was a map conveniently placed on it, there was a map of three different floors on it each clearly labeled. A small smile of satisfaction placed itself on his lips as be began to navigate the school rushing to do so for fear of being late.

He walked through the halls and soon found his classroom

He walked through the halls and soon found his classroom. The first thing he had to go to was homeroom. He cautiously opened the door and peered in and the few students in there glared at him, he pulled his head back out and double checked he was in the right place, and he was so he had to go back in there and sit down in his place.

‘Ah, I don’t know where I sit though,’ he thought ‘no problem i'll just wait out here until the teacher comes in or at least everyone else comes in and then take the remaining seat. ’

He leaned himself comfortably on the wall and began to wait, and while he did so he continued to look over his time table and map of the school, figuring out what was where. About five minutes later he was able to pin point all the places he should be and figured out a route to go through to ensure that he gets there quickly and efficiently for all five school days. He sighed in satisfaction and continued to wait for everyone to go in occasionally peeking in to see how many people were there.

Then he heard a giggle not too far away. He looked to his right and saw the girl from earlier this time with a different boy with her and again the feeling of dread seeped into him, he looked away and looked down at his feet trying to hide his face from them for whatever reason, he still didn’t know why he felt that way about her and the two guys he had seen with her, but he knew to stay away from them.

‘God I hope they don’t come into this class.’ He silently hoped to himself. But it was becoming evident that luck wasn’t on his side today.

The girl and boy walked right in to his classroom and Elias silently cringed in pain but didn’t notice that the boy with her had glanced his way. Soon the class was almost full with only two seats left so he decided that now would be a good time to go in. So again he walks in the room and this time the students didn’t react to him, much to his relief, he looked out to the classroom as the students chatted with their peers and companions and looked to the two empty seats, one was at the very back of the classroom to the left and the other was more to the center of the classroom he contemplated which chair he should go to for a second before he heard two people enter the class, one was an adult and presumably his new teacher and the other was a student. He moved a little to allow them entry to the class.

“Get into your seats you two.” The teacher told them, he voice deep and a little raspy. He was tall  and pale with ebony black hair and chocolate brown eyes, and just beneath them were dark eye lags, he wore a simple grey suit tailored to his body. He had the over all look of a almost-dead but handsome man.

“Yes sir.” The two students said simultaneously. The boy automatically went for the middle and Elias went for the back seat, quickly sat down and set his bag down.

“Good morning students, as you all know today is the last day of the year, congratulations on finishing your first year at Kelinns Academy. Since today is the last day of the year you will not be required to attend classes,” the students cheered in excitement and the teacher waited for them to settle down “if you so wish to you can go to your normal classes and do some activities the teachers have prepared for you to pass the time. Feel free to enjoy the lounges and remember to abide by the rules. Now lets do role call so you can do as you please, and so that I can relax.” He whispered that last part to himself.

The teacher began calling out names and ticking them off one by one and Elias relaxed himself but made sure to look out for his name. This was lucky, very lucky, he was definitely pleased with this and smiled to himself.

The teacher then called out the name “Leora?” and Elias’ eyes widen in horror.

Leora.

‘Leora the protagonist and heroine of the story?Leora the beautiful, strong and smart girl with group of protective men? Leora the one who would become the second prince’ first and only love? Leora the one who would be the down fall of Elias? Leora the-‘ Elias’s thoughts were put on hold by a honey sweet voice.

“Present! “ she cheerfully replied. He looked over at her to see her, and recognized that it was the girl from earlier.

The one he got a terrible feeling from.