||Protector||

I ran my fingers across the white keys, tilting my head as I tried to feel the melody; I welcomed it, wanting it to fill my thoughts and consume me

I ran my fingers across the white keys, tilting my head as I tried to feel the melody; I welcomed it, wanting it to fill my thoughts and consume me. It provided me with solace, protected me from dwelling on things, on her.

I was aggressive with the instrument as my mind betrayed me.

Stop thinking.

But I couldn't.

Not when she hadn't showed up when she promised to, or when I heard her whisper so sweetly to me I thought it was a dream. I was starting to lose it.

It had only been a few days  but my body and mind screamed and raged as if it were otherwise.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

The piano groaned in offense as I played the wrong key.

Frustrated, I slammed my hand down; my jaw twitched as a mess of chords and distortions sounded from the instrument.

This wasn't helping.

Ever since I woke up, my daemon has been growling and screeching in my head it made me want to pound my face in with a hammer. Piano usually calmed him but for some reason this was different.

I needed another outlet.

Azrael, wanna join me in a session?

I furrowed my brows at the familiar voice in my head, and the timing of his suggestion.

Yeah, I was actually just about to ask you. I'll meet you in 15.

With a sigh I stood up from the bench, stretching my arms above my head and flexing my muscles with a satisfied groan.

I quickly threw on a pair of sweats and a shirt, before tossing my water bottle and boxing gloves in a bag.

This was another one of my activities that pissed my father right off. Especially that wench.

Savage and uncouth behaviour, excessive use of violence.

Ha

Sometimes I think I'm the only one that remembers we're part beast.

I jogged down the stairs and turned down the hall, easily finding my way to the training room.

"Zeke" I nodded as I walked in, tossing my bag to the side.

"Your Royal Highness" He responded in a mocking tone, even offering up a bow.

"Fuck off," I chuckled; I lifted my arms to pull my shirt over my head and threw it at him, paying no mind to the annoyed glare that was passed my way.

"Need to let off some steam?"

I strapped on one of my gloves and rose a brow.