forty three

Pacing back and forth, Taigi kept checking her phone, waiting for a message from Jungkook telling her that he was outside.

But a part of her didn't want to see that message from him. Despite everything that Taehyung had said in attempts to try and comfort her, his words meant nothing when it was the only thing on her mind.

She wanted to be there for Jungkook and to prove to him that there's nothing to worry about but it was difficult for her to do so when she was feeling the exact same.

Suddenly, she felt her phone buzz in her hand. Gulping nervously, she opened her phone, biting her lip at the sight of that one message from Jungkook. He's here...here goes nothing.

Turning off her phone and putting it in her bag, Taigi rushed towards the door and stepped outside, coming face to face with Jungkook who was stood outside of his car in an all black suit, his hands clasped together in front of him.

"You ready to go?" he asked as Taigi locked the door behind her before approaching the car.

"If I wasn't then I wouldn't be out here would I?" Taigi retorted with an eyebrow raised.

"Tuchè." Jungkook shrugged,opening the passenger side door for Taigi to get in.

***

The two didn't speak much during their car ride, but they never needed to. They didn't need to speak to feel comfortable and that's exactly how they liked it.

Jungkook would glance at Taegi every now and then during the journey, a small smile appearing on his face every time. He was more than grateful to have her with him. With her by his side, not only did it ease his nerves but it also meant he had the opportunity to introduce her to his dad, even though they weren't exactly close enough for Jungkook to care about what he thought of her anyway.

After a short ride, the pair finally arrived at the wedding venue.
It was a gorgeous sight to say the least. There were beautiful flower arrangements dotted around, pretty white lights shining over the venue and an amazing walk way for the groom and bride. It was breathtaking.

Jungkook caught up with some of his family members, introducing Taigi to everyone who spoke to him before it was time for the ceremony to begin.

Everyone sat down in their assigned places, Jungkook and Taigi being on the second row from the front.

As the two waited for everything to really start, Taigi could sense how tense Jungkook had become. Glancing at the man beside her with a sympathetic expression on her face, Taigi slowly grabbed Jungkook's hand that was resting on his lap, interlocking their fingers.

Jungkook looked back at Taigi with a smile, holding on to her hand too. Suddenly Jungkook felt calm. Something about Taigi Just always seemed to make him feel safe.

Soon enough, music started playing and everyone stood up. The bride's maids and the best men made their way down the Isle before awes were heard from around the venue as the bride came around the corner.

"She's really pretty." Taigi whispered to Jungkook, still holding on to his hand as she tried to feed positive thoughts into his head.

Jungkook stayed silent, placing his other hand around both his and Taigi's, making Taigi's cheeks turn a light pink.

Everyone sat back down and the vows were read before the ceremony turned into the after party.