Chapter 31

《Sarafina's POV》

I pulled open the door that led me inside the restaurant and walked towards the table with a blank face and quietly sat down.

"I hope everything is okay?" I heard Emmanuel say, I looked up to find him already looking at me with his sharp grey eyes.

"Of course, Everything is fine." I lied, smiling casually but the looks I was receiving from my brothers are telling me they don't believe me.

I silently ate my food while the others started talking to each other. After a while, I glanced up and my eyes connected with similar silver grey eyes as Emmanuel.

I stared at Adrien's grey eyes that almost looked lifeless before averting my gaze to Antonio who looked like he was having a serious conversation with Emmanuel.

I tilt my head in curiosity before Brianna's words rang in my head.

'Emmanuel Dieudonné. Leader of the Corsican mafia.'

'They say that the Corsican mafia helped smuggle drugs for the American mafia into New York illegally, Of course.'

The mention of the American mafia raises anger and pure hatred inside of me. I took a sip of water out of my glass.

This doesn't make sense. How did James know Emmanuel? That disk, How did Emmanuel even get it? More importantly from where did he get it from? By any chance, is he behind all of this?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name being called and my eyes snapped to Vito's direction as he looked at me with concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly

"Yeah, fine. Just tired," I replied smiling reassuringly

"It's quite boring isn't it?" He asks smiling

"Boring is an understatement" Vito chuckles at my response

That is how the whole night passed, talking to Vito while ignoring Emmanuel and it was finally time to leave.

Antonio stood up buttoning his suit jacket followed by Emmanuel.

"I hope to see you soon, Mr. De Luca" Emmanuel brought out a hand and Antonio gladly shook it.

"Of course," Antonio replied, giving him a firm shake.

Emmanuel turned and looked at me "It was nice meeting you, Sarafina." I clench my fist before abruptly standing up and walking out, not bothering to reply.

Footsteps followed me outside and I took deep breaths before turning around. I was met with familiar brown eyes looking right at me.

"Sarafina, What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I was about to reply that everything was fine before I was cut off by Vito.

"And don't you dare tell me that everything is fine, cause I know there is something wrong" He says

I sighed before rubbing my temple in frustration

"Sara," I heard his soft voice

"I don't know, okay?" I snapped at him and he looked at me, bemused.

I heard a distant sound of a bike.

"Vito," I started as he stared at me confused. "I need to go right now" I say, taking steps backward as the sound of a bike's engine gets louder each second.

His eyes widened before he stepped forward "Sarafina," His voice held a warning tone which I ignored. I heard more footsteps approaching us "Sara!" I heard a familiar voice yell from behind.