˗ˋ 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH HE'S MISSING

. . .

Following the threat of her expulsion from Hogwarts, Pandora had been rather quiet. She went from lesson to lesson, and the only reminder of her was the cloud of dark butterflies every so often. 

Well it seemed that she was quiet. In fact, the girl had been doing certain things just for her own amusement. From her magic wiping the chalk from the board without her even looking, to having the pot of spare quills by Flitwick's desk float around their charms lesson. 

But either way, she was settling into Hogwarts life with an somewhat understanding of what she needed to do. Her anger from being blamed for the situation that had occurred with Amelia after locking herself in her dorm for a good few hours. 

Other than that, the new arrival at Hogwarts had barely been heard from. Considering just how action-packed her first week was, this came as a surprise to the student body of Hogwarts. But they were grateful as well, hoping that the peace would last.

In reality, following her anger after Dumbledore's threat and the hours she spent in her room skipping classes, Pandora had spent all her time avoiding conflict and instead spent as much time as she could in the library with Remus Lupin.

He had agreed to help Dumbledore with her, and just before she had run off to her dorm, they had decided on spending at least half an hour in that corner of the library a day. It wasn't necessarily for any reason, but mostly for Pandora to be able direct her anger somewhere. 

It was far to say that a lot of butterflies appeared in that corner sometimes, and the Rosier girl was able to keep a low profile within school and not make a big deal out of things. She could just talk it out and occasionally call the Lupin boy pretty. 

It wasn't her preferred way of attending the school, but if she was to try and not get expelled then she had to keep quiet just for a little bit. Pandora knew that Dumbledore was keeping an eye on her and to get him off her back, she needed to lay low and make sure nothing happened.

But then a problem arose when the meetings with Remus became shorter and shorter, and Remus became more and more tired and then one day, he just didn't show up at all.

And that wasn't okay with Pandora. It had been a part of the agreement that they spent some time together every day so that she had somewhere to direct everything. But with no idea where to him, Pandora had set her butterflies on the task to try and find him.

Then, she had followed the trail, all the way from the library to the Entrance Hall, and was approaching the Hospital Wing when she saw someone of interest who could help her out with this.

"Sirius Black where is Remus!" The girl's voice carried across the hallway easily and the boy coming out of the Hospital Wing doors quickly shut them, locking in several butterflies that had crowded there.

"Rosier." Sirius looked rather shocked as he turned and saw the girl, eyes widening. "What was that? Where's Remus.. hm - good question."

"It is, isn't it?" Pandora replied, head tilting as she finally stopped by Sirius and crossing her arms across her chest. "He didn't turn up to our meeting and has barely been there the past few days."

"I'm not sure where he is. See I just had.. Muggle Studies and Remus had what was it.. Transfiguration?" Sirius shrugged. "I don't really keep tabs on my friends at all times." 

"Well I thought you would know." Pandora's lips turned into a frown. "Considering you're friends and everything." Sirius watched as her eyes travelled across to the Hospital Wing door, scanning the split, her eyes landing on a black glowing wing. "Huh." She stepped forward, Sirius starting as she swung the door open. "Sirius - what are you doing? I was just trying to not crush one of my butterflies."

"Oh.. I see - sorry about that." Sirius stepped back and let her close the door, the butterfly fluttering up and landing on Pandora's outstretched finger. "Well I'll go look for him, good luck with trying to find him yourself."

And as Sirius walked away, Pandora remained by the door, lifting her hand and closing it around the butterfly which disappeared into a mist. He disappeared around the corner and Pandora began to make her way to her dorm over the library, where she was going to wait.

Until she had opened the door and heard James Potter and Peter Pettigrew's voice, and through another butterfly planted in there she had seen Remus Lupin laid in a Hospital bed. 

And now she wondered not where Remus was, but why Sirius Black had lied to her.