Alternative Ending: 1.2

The first part of this chapter is the same as chapter 81, the last part isn't. I will indicate when it changes, if you want to skip the first part :) (which I completely understand) I want to make these full endings and not just cut parts away :)

Pure terror and disbelief was the general mood of everyone on that field. The aliens didn't stop clawing at the border, and as determined as they were, they managed to break through. The dome simply wasn't resistant against so much force.

At first it was a handful, sprinting towards the Wakandan armies, but soon more followed. And as they came closer, Katya noticed another feature nobody could have prepared for. The aliens had an extra pair of arms, if they were arms.

These were the things you would imagine the monster under your bed or in the closet to look like, demons straight from hell. But Katya had been through hell before.

A couple members from the Border Tribe knelt in front of her and the king, forming a blockade with their capes which turned into an actual shield made of force fields. The Kingsguard leveled their spears over their colleagues' shoulders and upon T'Challa's order, started shooting blasts at the monsters.

Next to Steve, Bucky raised his own weapon and sprayed bullets away. His aim was impeccable, but there were too many creatures advancing on them. Behind and above Katya, Bruce and Sam started shooting, both having better vantage points than the people on the ground below.

''You seen the teeth on those things?'' Sam yelled as he flew above the crowds, doing his best to take out as many as possible.

''Alright, back up, Sam. You're gonna get your wings singed.'' Rhodey found the heaviest concentration of aliens, which was along the border, and flew over it, dropping small explosives from his suit as he did so.

Katya could only watch, unable to fly or to use any other special tricks. It sucked to be stuck behind a shield, but she knew her time would come.

Unfortunately, Rhodey's action didn't have a positive outcome. Because of the fire and explosions, the creatures started to fan out along the dome, trying to get in from the sides or even the back.

''They are trying to circle around,'' Katya commented to no one in particular, but all grew tenser, waiting for someone to do something.

''Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us, there's nothing between them and Vision,'' Bruce stressed.

''Then we better keep 'em in front of us.''

Rule of war: keep your enemy in front of you. Especially when defending something. In this case that was the faith of half the Universe, whatever that meant exactly.

Okoye glanced at T'Challa. ''How do we do that?''

''We open the barrier.'' He said it at the same time Katya whispered it. Surprised, he looked at her, nodding once. They were both soldiers and had seen enough battle to know what to do. Opening the barrier right in front of them, only a small section, would make it the easiest way into Wakanda. The creatures would have no reason to try and kill themselves at another point along the barrier.

T'Challa tapped the comms in his ear, talking to Dome Control. ''On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen.''

It was silent for a while until he had to repeat himself. The operator on the other side must be confused and thought he had heard wrong.

''On my signal,'' T'Challa confirmed. And it didn't matter if the operator thought it was a crazy idea, because he was the king and his orders needed to be respected.