9. Almost Day Three of Knowing

A kid in a candy shop

That's exactly what I feel like with all of the lights, rides, games and actual candy that are in front of me.

The Eastport Eye that has been calling my name is within my reach and it makes me want to hug Elliot that he pitched the idea of seeing the city.

Speaking of Elliot, he's currently watching me turn my head every five milliseconds to look at something new and probably wondering how exactly he can analyze my brain with his colleagues because it's bound to be a real trip.

He doesn't let on if he does think I'm a few nuts short of a jumbo pack.

He actually makes me feel like I'm entertaining or fun to be around.

Which isn't wholly true; I'm pretty boring.

"What would you like to do first?" he asks me.

My eyes have already narrowed in on the stand that's surrounded with pink candy floss. I don't even say anything when I start walking in that direction.

Elliot follows.

"Candy floss?" he asks, when I stand in line behind the parents buying candy floss for their kids.

I nod, a bit too enthusiastically, making Elliot laugh.

He moves to pull his wallet out of his back pocket and I turn to him fully, shaking my head.

"No, no, definitely not," I shake my head and Elliot stops in the midst of his action. "You will not buy me candy floss. Especially not after you managed to charm the waitress into letting you pay for breakfast this morning."

Elliot's lips curl into a gentle smirk, showcasing the slight dimple in his right cheek. "I'm sure I could charm him, too," he tells me, nodding to the candy floss salesman.

I shake my head, vigorously. "Either you let me pay, or I make you go stand at the corner of the pier."

Throwing his head back in a laugh, Elliot puts his wallet back into his pocket and accepts his defeat.

"Would you like one, too?" I ask him, when we get to the head of the line.

Elliot tells me that he would much prefer a hotdog, so I get one for myself, then, drag him over to the hotdog stand and buy one for him.

Under the guise of going to put his hotdog wrapper in a trashcan, which in itself was so damn attractive to me because of environmental friendliness, Elliot returns with a small pack of peanut M&Ms and holds it out to me, with an idiotic, but triumphant grin on his face that highlights his dimples.

I just about die of laughter.

We walk along the pier to the Eastport Eye to wait in line.

Elliot tells me that since he's the local, he has to buy the tickets. "If I come to Andrusia, I won't pay to see a single monument," he teases, before paying for them.