Chapter sixteen

"How exactly did the Alpha you killed die?" Mick asked making Isla placed her hand on his arm.

Devil noticed the look in Mick's eyes and obliged, "Some of you may not know this but I have a younger sister, she was foolish enough to answer his ad that he put out. She had called me to come get her two weeks after she left us, because he was done using her, she was devastated. It pissed me off but it was her decision to go even after I told her not to.

My pack had stayed just to the north of his land, we had planned to go around and pass it on our way south when she had called me.

I drove in my truck to get her along with my Gamma, he's our cousin and is always able to calm her when she flips out. When I had got out of the truck he came at me, he was saying that he had heard I was some evil rogue and my being there was a challenge.

I told him I was only there to pickup my sister and not to believe in the rumors.

He swung at me anyway, I dodged it and sent him sprawling on the floor. He really wasn't a good fighter, he should have spent more time training," he shakes his head.

"Anyway he tried going for my neck and I had had enough of his crap so I broke his right arm and left leg. I hoped he would take the hint, but when he shifted to try again, I ripped out his throat when he made the mistake of lunging at me.

It's unfortunate that he didn't listen to me, but I have a family and a pack that depends on me I'm not going down because some pup with no respect for anything wants to make a name for himself or some such crap.

After he fell, his beta begged me to not destroy their people. Then I took over, I asked them all if they wished to join my pack and stay after all it's their land, that there would be changes though, but it would be for the betterment of the pack as a whole.

I also said that if they wished it I would reach out to neighboring packs to see if they would take them in, none of them deserves to be a rogue. That wasn't necessary though because everyone decided to stay.

Then the girl who was supposed to be Luna kept trying to hit on me," he says irritated. "As I told you we all kept trying to warn her to back off, I even had to use my Alpha voice on her once to get away from me, but by then my mate had had enough, she told her to leave or die, she chose death. I guess she didn't think my mate was a threat because she's very pregnant but clearly she was wrong." He finishes with a laugh.

"How many pups do you and your mate have?"

"We have seven pups and two more on the way," he says smiling full of pride and love.

"Is Devil your real name or a nickname? If it's really your name is it your first or last name?"

He laughs, "yes it's my real name, I know it's weird but it's mine," he shrugs, "it's my last name, I'm not very fond of my first name so I go by Dev or Devil, many of my pack members just call me Alpha though."

Clearing his throat Raven looks at Dev, "Alpha Devil will you be willing to join an alliance with those of us present here today?"

Dev puts down his fork and looks to be considering Raven's question. "Do you all wish to be allies with me or is it just Alpha Frost?" He addresses the other Alphas.

One by one the give him a nod that they would also like to be on friendly terms with their new neighbor. He smiles and says, "then yes and it's a pleasure to meet you all."

Since we basically had our original meeting, or at least the topic of it hashed out over breakfast there was no longer a need to continue it upstairs, so as soon as breakfast was complete the visiting Alphas started heading home, we had wished them safe travels, some saying that they would like to return for my Luna ceremony, that was now a week away I think, no pressure right? I mean that's really nice that they want to come and all, it's just now I'm even more nervous about it for some reason.

The last to make their exit was our new friend Dev, "I will get as much information as I can about the prophecy and get back to you, would you like me to call or make my way here?"

He had a serious expression and I appreciate that he is taking it seriously, because if he's right and we have war coming we will have to be ready, and apparently I'm the key to our success, I really hope it's just a story.

"I would like you to come here if you can, but here's my number incase you're not able to come here," Raven gives him his phone number and Dev gives him his in return.

After shaking hands and wishing him safe travels he heads out.

We no longer feel the need to have three warriors escorting him out, although one does just like the others who left before, not for our safety just so they have a way of contacting us just incase while they are still on our lands.

Once they each cross our boundaries, the warriors escorting them inform us of their departure, then take their turn on boundary patrol for the next few hours.

"Awwhhh....I'm glad everything worked out," I say streaching as we walk up the stairs to Raven's office.

"Yeah I'm just glad he's a really nice guy, he's a lot more down to earth than I thought he would be," Rave says taking a seat at his desk.

"Do you think there's really anything to the prophecy he told us about? Is there a chance it could just be like a myth or story or something?" I ask apprehensive.

"I don't know baby but hopefully we'll know more about it soon," Raven motions me over and sits me in his lap, resting my head on his chest I can only pray to the Goddess that the part about an upcoming war in the future is wrong.