6. Funny

CHAPTER - 6

LOVE ISN'T... FUNNY

For as long as I could recall, I hated people.

I had always been anti-social and just could not spend time in trying to know someone new. Maybe that's why I never had a serious relationship. I hated speaking about my feelings, sharing my thoughts, letting anyone know me; the same way I didn't like knowing anyone or having feelings for someone new.

Harry had always been my only friend, since I moved in with the Parkers. He stayed by my side even when I was bullied for being a tall, lanky, pimple faced kid all through school.

But oddly enough here I was, waiting to hear Liana's views about something as fucked up as love.

She looked like she wanted to get out of the situation she had landed herself into. 'Well, welcome to the club!' I wanted to say. At least, my plan of making her run away was working just fine.

And as I waited for her to give any indication that she remembered me from that night four months ago, the doorbell rang. I groaned in complete frustration at whoever was ringing the bell. They had the worst timing ever! "Who is it now?"

Liana looked relieved at the distraction and she waited for me answer the door, but honestly, I was just too comfortable and didn't want to get up. The frequency with which the bell started ringing indicated that it was my fucked up best friend, and my suspicions were confirmed when I heard his voice from the other side, "Don't be fucktard man. Move your lazy ass."

The bastard knew me way too well. But how could I move from the comfortable position I was in?

"Umm... who is it? Bank troubles? A dacoit? Terrorist? Your partner in all your crimes? Or partner of your life?" Liana asked, looking genuinely concerned.

In response, I glanced at her and rested deeper in my couch. Harry increased the frequency of bells and the profanities that he was shouting, making me roll my eyes. I watched as Liana got up from her seat and started walking towards the door. She didn't have to! The asshole could use the spare key I had given him for emergency situations, but I didn't tell her. "Where do you think you're going?" I asked instead.

"Narnia!" was her instant reply, making my lips twitch up in a smile. She turned around and asked, "So, is it your ritual or something to open the door and then shut the door in your guest's face? Oh, and am I supposed to follow this too?"

I almost laughed at the vision of Liana shutting the door at Harry's face...or well, anyone's face. Highly unlikely! Narrowing my eyes at her, I challenged her, "I would like to see you try."

I was proved right when she scowled at me, but again got distracted by Harry's voice. "Don't make me adopt extreme measures, Ashton."

Liana panicked at his words, while I just rolled my eyes at my overdramatic friend. She walked towards the door and I flinched when Harry opened the door just when Liana reached for it, hurting her nose in the process.

Harry didn't notice her as he entered the living room and yelled at me, "Why the hell did you not open the door?"

I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. This guy could really make a mountain out of a molehill. "I didn't feel like getting up." I informed him.

He looked at me with narrowed eyes, staring at my face for a second longer and clenched his jaw. "You didn't sl-"

"Why are you here again?" I cut him off, shooting a pointed look in his direction, not letting him say anything in front of Liana. Sometimes, my best friend was way too observant. I knew he was worried with how I had reacted to the news of Mrs. Parker using me as a subject for a stupid article for her magazine. I knew he came in here to just check on me. And he clearly knew that I had just spent another night painting instead of sleeping.