Nightmare - Callum Ilott

This one is requested by verst4ppen! I hope you like it :)

*

"I  had so much fun tonight," you smiled at Callum. Today was your two your anniversary, and you were so happy that you could spend it at home. Not really at home, because you just went to dinner, but in your home country. Ever since you met Callum, he has been travelling a lot because of his job. You understand that and support him with that, but it's nice to spend an anniversary at home finally.

"Me too. We should do this more often."

With a big smile on your face, the two of you crossed the street. You were halfway there when you saw her. "Cal," you mumbled and nodded in her direction.

Callum looked up and knew exactly what you meant. "You're going to be fine. Just ignore her and get in the car."

"Okay." Your grip around Callum his hand became tighter.

"Y/N, wait up!" You heard her say.

You didn't react to her at all, which only made her want your attention more.

"Y/N, I know you can hear me, or did you go deaf in this past month? He has hold of you, doesn't he? God, you're such a baby. Poor little girl can't go without her boyfriend. Pathetic."

You turned around and looked at her; the biggest smile was on her face. You looked at Callum. He was angry.

"Don't," you mumbled, but it was already too late.

"What do you want? I thought we were pretty clear last time. We don't want anything to do with you."

"You've changed Y/N. You always had a big mouth to people. Now someone is doing the talking for you. Such a same."

"Let's go," you mumbled to Callum and tried to drag him away, but he wasn't moving. You looked at his face and could see that he was angrier; he was furious,

"Have you ever wondered what would happen if we were still best friends? Do you think I would let you date him? He is such a loser. He is never home. How can he take care of you?" Your ex-best friend slowly made her way towards you. "How can he protect you if he's never there?"

"Get in the car," Callum says to you without even looking at you.

"And you're coming with me," you say to him.

"Get in the car!" His voice raises, sending chills down your spine. Never in your entire life have you seen him this angry. Never has he yelled at you or someone else. Never has he been this mad, until now.

Slowly you back up, walking to the car without taking your eyes of the two people in front of you. You're scared of what Callum is going to do next. He looks like he can murder someone. What if he's thinking about that?

You get in the car and shut the door, still looking at the two people. They're both yelling. You can barely hear what they're saying, but none of them is happy. Callum punched your best friend in the face before you know it, and right after that kicks her in the stomach. He rushed to the car and sped off. Your heart is racing. You're scared to say anything at all, scared that he will take his anger out on you.

"Callum..."

"That bitch has got to stop. Does she want us to call the police? Get a restraining order or something? She is crazy!" While Callum mumbles on and on about what a bit your ex-best friend is, you notice how fast you're going. Callum is passing one car after another, all honking at you. He doesn't even seem the notice.

"Callum, you have to slow down."

He turns his head to you for a moment, but he doesn't seem like he is going to slow down any time soon. A smile creeps on his face, and he pushes the throttle even more.

"Callum, stop! You're going to get us killed!" You hold on to the side door for dear life. This isn't going to end well... Tears are streaming down your face as you look at Callum. He doesn't even look like the guy you were with in the restaurant. His eyes are glowing with anger; his actions say just the same.

"Calm down, you're scaring me!" you yell.

Callum slowly turns his head to you. His eyes are red with anger. He takes his hand off the steering wheel. The car starts spinning. You try you grab the wheel, but it's already too late. The car crashes into another car, and everything goes black.

You sit up, panting and processing what you just witnessed. It was all just a nightmare. Nothing is real. It was just a dream. The bright white light of the moon is coming into the room through your window. You look beside you and see that Callum is asleep.

He looks so peaceful. Slowly his eyes open, and he looks at you. "What time is it?" He mumbles.

You turn around to look at your alarm clock. "2.45," you sigh and lay down again.

"Why are you up?" Callum pulls you closer to him as he kisses your forehead.

"A nightmare woke me up."

"You wanna talk about it?"

You explained the dream to him. "It was just the weirdest thing ever, but it felt so real. I know nothing like that would ever happen, but it scared the shit out of me."

"Yeah, I can understand. Even I am freaked out by what you just told me. It sounds horrible."

"It was, but it was a dream. It's never going to happen in real life."

"Never. Now let's sleep. We both have a long day tomorrow," Callum mumbles.

"Good night. I love you."

"Love you too. You're safe with me. I won't let you go," Callum mumbles.