✘2.9

As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you

Amidst the chaos of her new life, Jisoo found solace in Renjun

The steady gusts of wind swarmed the morning air, brushing against her flushed cheeks and carrying through her silky brown hair.

She wasn't expecting to see him that early, they would usually encounter each other by the lake in the evening however, today she was surprised when she heard his voice.

Jisoo was seated in the grass by the lake, instead of looking at the water she was gazing towards the small building in which Satan's coffin was in.
There was a distant look in her eyes, too focused on her thoughts and worries to realise her boyfriend was approaching.

"Hey."
Tearing her gaze from the building, Jisoo's eyes drifted to the figure who was stood looking down at her with a smile lightly tugging at his lips.
"Hey, you're here early?" She scrunched her nose up, not really thinking he would be much of a morning person.

Renjun shrugged, taking a seat in the grass next to her.
"Thought you'd be here, are you cold?" He inquired when running his gaze over her.

Jisoo's eyes lingered on his worried features, as his eyes softened and lips tugged down the girl couldn't help but smile at how cute he looked.
"It is getting colder now." She commented, glancing at the trees in which the branches moved due to the wind.

"Well, we don't want you getting sick do we?" She heard him comment, leaning up slightly to tug the hoodie off his body to leave him in the white tshirt which he wore underneath.

"Jun-" her own words were cut off when Renjun had reached to caringly put the hoodie over her head and urge her to put her arms through the sleeves so he could pull it down to cover her. "I would've been okay."

Jisoo pulled the sleeves of the hoodie to cover her cold hands, following Renjun's gaze to the forest. There were a few seconds of silence before he spoke.

"I was so scared." He began, the words hanging thickly in his throat with the emotions he couldn't begin to process. "That I would lose you."

The fallen- no...witch, knew exactly what he meant. That day...
She looked away from the forest and towards the demon who had a sorrowful guilt glimmering in his eyes.

"I'm here Renjun, you didn't lose me."
"But I could've...and I couldn't do anything, I couldn't help or save you."

He hadn't looked at her yet, gaze trailing from the forest ahead to the grass beneath him.
The coldness of her soft palm encased over his warm cheek, bringing him to look into her eyes.