Chapter Twenty Two: Part 2

Chris and I stood in his mom's yard, admiring the beautiful Boston sunset. 

"I love your family, Chris. You weren't kidding when you said you come from a big one."

He chuckled.

"I told you."

I gathered my thoughts and realized there was one person who wasn't here, Chris's dad. I built up the courage to ask.

"Baby, how come your dad isn't here?"

He sighed and thought about how to answer.

"My, uh, my parents are separated doll."

"Oh, I-I'm sorry I-I didn't know."

Okay maybe I didn't know Chris that well.

"It's okay baby, I just don't like to talk about it that much."

I realized now why Lisa said no one has called her Mrs.Evans in 20 years. Duh.

"I-I called your mom Mrs.Evans, I-I.."

I stammered my words. But Chris cooed me down.

"Shh it's okay doll. She thought it was funny and you didn't know. I-I should've mentioned it to you before."

I smiled and hugged him closer. I laid my chin on his chest as I looked up at his long lashes that guarded his beautiful baby blues.

"I love you Chris."

"I love you more baby."

He pulled me in for a kiss which tasted like beer.

"Mmm Heineken.."

"You goof." He caressed my cheek.

**THIRD PERSON POV**

Shanna and Carly helped their mother by bringing all the stuff from the table back inside. Lisa was packing any left over food into containers.

"So what do you think of Chris's new girlfriend?" Shanna asked her sister.

"She's nice, very helpful. The kids seem to like her very much."

"Right? I mean did you see she went up to play with them? That was so cute."

Shanna looked over to where Y/n and Chris were standing.

"I'm just glad he's happy." Carly stacked empty plates on top of each other.

"Oh he's happy."

The sisters turned to see Y/n and Chris kissing.

"I love her energy, the way she dresses, she's freaking amazing that kid." Shanna spoke.

Both ladies stepped into the kitchen where their mom was.

"Thank you girls, just put those over here Carly."

"So mom? How are you liking your new daughter in law?"

Shanna smirked.

"Oh Shanna, she's the best, such a sweet girl, she came to help me with dinner! I was so surprised."

"Chris really hit the jackpot."

Carly said as she helped put away food into the fridge.

"At least some of us have true love."