XXIV

i tossed among my sheets, causing them to tangle around my feet. burying my head further into the soft linen, i sighed gently.

particles of dust floated through the room, light from sunset catching them every so often.

the sound of metal scratching metal interrupted my daze, the latch to my bedroom window opened, causing the window to swing open.

i sat up abruptly, whipping my head around to face my window.

a pair of blackened boots poked through the window, then a cloaked body. they landed with a thud onto the hardwood floor below.

i scrambled back against my bed frame, about to scream out for wilbur when the figure turned to face me.

the masked man removed the hood that rested on top of his head, a small smile gracing his lips.

dream stood a foot away from my bed, a bundle of cloth in his hands.

"what are you doing here? wilbur is literally down the hall-" i whispered.

the tall male drew closer, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"i had to see you- i didn't know if you were safe or not. i thought something happened to you." he mumbled, reaching for my hand.

i pulled away from him, holding my hands up to my chest.

"you didn't show up. you left me waiting."

"i- i got held up. i really tried, but george is...persistent." he sighed lowly, adjusting his sitting position.

i frowned for a moment.

"look at me." the dirty blond urged.

he raised his hands, pushing his mask back off of his face. his green eyes studied my reaction.

"im sorry y/n."

i ran a hand through my hair, nodding.

"its okay. but please- next time you send sapnap to tell me you won't be coming, have him be less vague." i chuckled quietly.

the small smile on dreams face vanished once he heard the name of his friend.

"i would rather you not see him. he isnt safe to be around, he is unstable and idiotic- look what happened to you because of him." dream gestured to my current state.

i paused for a second, confusion sinking in.

"what do you mean- it wasnt all his fault, we got caught in the rain-"

"im serious." he reached for my arm, gripping my wrist lightly and dropping his mask and package onto the floor in the process.

"i don't understand why you care so much for me." i mumbled under my breath.

"wh-"

loud footsteps approached my room, along with a loud voice.

"y/n- everyone is back, time for dinner." wilbur shouted as he neared the door.

dream and i made eye contact, a worried expression on both of our faces. the male quickly jumped up from my bed, pulling his hood up and exiting through the window.

the door handle rattled as wilbur pushed open my door, peering into my room.

i pushed myself out of my bed, smiling nervously at the older man.

"you alright? need any help?" wilburs eyes narrowed.

"no no- im okay, im coming now." i shook my head lightly as i walked to him.

i swiftly walked through the open door, waiting for wilbur to follow me. his gaze caught the open window, then he shook his head and continued down the hall, giving me a small smile.

a/n- three days in a row? who is he- shorter chapter because i have big plans soon. we also have a discord server if you're interested- link on this acc or add me fizzykneecaps#3176 !! vote n comment <33