3

"Hello again."

George's POV

George's head snapped up and stared straight at the man from the previous night. The assassin.

His heart beat in fear and excitement. Was he crazy to feel excited? George was constantly bored, so it was refreshing to have some action. To have someone new to talk to. Even if it was a man who had almost murdered him. He wondered if the man was thinking about what happened last night.

"Where's my guard?" George asked and stood up, dropping his book.

The masked face tilted, the movement much like a predator analyzing its prey. "He's fine."

George sighed in relief. He didn't know what he would do without Punz. George let the thought pass and he studied the man.

He was very tall and well built. George could tell he was experienced. His armor was not the fanciest, but it would work well enough for him to do his job. The dimly lit library allowed George to see ruffled, dirty blond hair peak out from behind his mask. The setting sun's rays passed through the windows, making the assassin's mask glow slightly. George noticed the man's tan neck and fingers. He had on fingerless gloves and was holding a long, sharp sword.

The mask's smile looked at him eerily. It unnerved George not to be able to see the man's face, but he supposed it was for anonymity. The assassin seemed to be studying George as well. His feet were apart, ready for anything, and his breathing was steady, almost unnoticeable.

"Are you going to kill me?" George asked, suddenly snapping back to reality.

The man chuckled. "I have other plans for you."

George swallowed. "What plans?"

"I can't say, but for now, you are coming with me."

George scoffed. "No I'm not."

The man raised his sword and walked towards George, confident in his step. He held the blade against George's neck. "That wasn't a question."

George's eyes widened at his stone-cold tone. The mask stared at him, waiting for his response.

"There's no way you can kidnap me without being spotted," George said skeptically, but somehow he knew that the man already had a plan.

"Is that a challenge?" the assassin asked, his voice low and arrogant.

George shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe."

The man withdrew his sword from George's neck and gripped his arm. "Challenge accepted."

George yelped in surprise as he was pulled at a quick pace through halls. Occasionally, when guards were strolling the hallways, the man would pull him behind a corner to hide. He would tightly press his body against George's to stick out less and cover George's mouth with one hand, still holding his sword in the other.

They did make it out of the castle unspotted. George was impressed, but he was also terrified. He was leaving his home. He'd never left the castle grounds before.

That thought settled into him as the masked man pulled him into the woods, making the castle disappear from their view. Only then did George start to struggle.

He tried yanking his arm from the man's grip. His hand only tightened on George's arm, almost making it bruise. George continued to wiggle his arm from the firm grip. The man sighed, having enough with George. He turned around and stared at George.

"Stop," the man said harshly.

George's eyes widened at the low and annoyed tone. The mask stared at him for a moment before continuing to pull him. George tried using his free hand to pry the assassin's grip off his arm. The man swiftly pushed George against the nearest tree. He pressed his body to George's and held the sword to his neck. "I said stop," he growled, "the more you struggle, the longer it will take for us to get there."