Chapter 28

Averys Pov:

I quickly sit up as I watch Victoria storm upstairs. I look up to Victorias dad, who sighs before sitting down on the couch next to me.

"Look Sir, I know you're concerned about your daughter but I'll do anything I can to make sure she's happy. I love Victoria more than anything else and I know even though you don't like me or this at all, you can see I love her. So please, give me a chance, let me show you that this isn't something bad." I tell him and he looks at me for a few seconds before looking down.

"I need to talk to her." Miche says before getting up.

"Can you come with me? I'd like to talk to the both of you." He continues and I nod before getting up.

We both walk upstairs and he knocks on the door. "Go away!" We hear Victoria yell but I just open the door and walk in with her dad following me.

"What the-"

"Just be quiet and listen." I interrupt her before quickly pecking her lips and then sitting down next to her.

"Look Victoria, you know I haven't been the biggest fan of all this but..I'll try to understand this more. I want you to be happy and as I can see, you're clearly happy with Avery. Maybe I was too blind to see that but when Avery talked to me earlier it became clear to me. You're not my little girl anymore, I can't protect you from everything but this time..I don't need to protect you anymore. Now you have your own person to protect you." Miche says, which makes us both smile. Victoria even teared up a little.

She jumps up and quickly wraps her arms around her dad, hugging him tightly. "I love you dad."

"I love you too, Mija." Her dad replies before they pull away from each other.

Victoria then rushes over to me and jumps onto me while wrapping her arms around my back, which makes me fall down on my back. I laugh at that and wrap my arms around her too.

"I-um..I'll go back downstairs. I don't wanna bother you two." He mumbles, making us laugh.

After a few seconds we hear the door close, which makes Victoria lift her head so she can look at me.

"What did you say to him that changed his mind?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I just told him what you mean to me and how much I love you." I answer her with a small smile, which she returns.

"You wanna go back downstairs?" I ask while tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear before resting my hand on her cheek.

"Yeah." Victoria replies with a small smile.

After a few seconds she slowly gets up and offers a hand to me, which I instantly take. She pulls me up and then intertwines our fingers before leading me downstairs.

"Heyy." Jada exclaims when she sees us walking downstairs.

"Um..hey?" Victoria replies with a raised eyebrow as we walk over to her.

Her eyes widen when she sees a few new people, I believe their her cousins or something like that.

"What are you doing here?!" She exclaims before rushing over to them and hugging them all.

"Aves, these are my cousins, Ian, Leroy, Maria and Zoe." Victoria says before grabbing my hand and pulling me over to them.

Ian