twenty eight.

THE NEXT MORNING, Esme made Jordyn breakfast, Jordyn ate it quickly; wanting to get back to Bella and tend to her needs

She walks into the living room to see Bella sleeping on the couch with a blue bucket sat next to her on the floor. Edward is in the same spot as yesterday, mirroring a stone with a sullen expression carved into its face.

Jordyn frowns and sits in the empty chair next to the couch, her heart heavy at the obvious feeble state of her twin.

Rosalie gives her a look of distaste as she runs her cold fingers through Bella's thin hair.

Jordyn quickly looks away from Rosalies cold gaze, unsure why the blonde beauty is treating her like a stray dog that intruded into their home, looking for scraps.

Her phone begins buzzing erratically in her hand, she opens and sees multiple messages and missed calls from Caius that she seemed to not receive while traveling.

9:46 pm.
Answer my call, please.

9:46 pm.
Where have you gone? Answer me.

9:47 pm.
I'm sorry for what I did, you didn't have to run away, you know.

Jordyn can almost hear the eye roll in the messages.

10:29 pm.
I just need to know you're okay.

12:09 am.
I find this overly dramatic.

The most recent one is from only a few minutes ago.

9:15 am.
Jordyn, are you there?

9:21 am.
I'm here, I'm not dead, I'm fine. I'll call you later.

She turns her phone off and places it on the table next to her.

A little groan coming from Bella causes Jordyn to snap her head towards that direction.

Bella is now awake, readjusting herself on the couch, her bulging stomach sending shivers down Jordyns spine.

After Bella is sat more comfortably, she smiles weakly at Jordyn, "Morning, Jord."

"Hey, Bells. How'd you sleep?" Jordyn asks.

Bella faintly shrugs, "Not so well, what about you?"

"I slept okay." Jordyn replies simply.

Carlisle steps into the room and heads towards Bella, the purple bruises under his eyes so much for defined now, "How are you feeling?"

Bella sighs, "I'm pretty nauseous, I feel weaker than yesterday." She lists her symptoms, and Jordyn feels that she's being very stingy about them, as to not worry anyone anymore than they already are.

Carlisle hums, "We'll set up an IV to give you the nutrients. I want to try to give you an ultrasound today as well."

Bella nods, "Okay."