14

"This is your room. Your ma told us your favorite color is green so we got you green sheets. Make this place homey until you can go home. You'll continue going to your school. Any questions?" The perky blonde asked him.

Toby shook his head setting the bag on the bed. He began unpacking as the woman left.

He sat on the bed and stared at his photo.

He laid back on the plush sheets staring at the ceiling.

-

"Is it okay if I got to the park with my friends?" The teen asked pushing eggs around his plate.

"I don't see why not. Just be back by six for dinner." The woman said gathering her things.

Toby got up and emptied his plate putting it in the sink. He followed her to the car.

When he got out he felt eyes on him. Whispers and hushed remarks surrounded him.

He walked over to his friends. The other people looked at him with pity.

"How are you Tobias?" A boy asked with a genuine tone.

"I'm fine." He shoved what he needed into his bag.

"I heard no one wants you. You'll be an orphan in no time." A squeaky voice said, it was nasally and forced an octave higher.

"Stop talking shit Ry-Lee. You're literally adopted." Addie spat out before gently hugging Toby's shoulder. "Ranboo went to class early and Tommy got in trouble with Fundy. Ready to go?"

Toby gave her a nod as they walked away.

The boy in the purple hoodie flicked off Ry-Lee and caught up to the pair.

"Sorry about her. She's kind of a bitch."

"I can tell. You're Purpled right?"

The hoodied boy nodded. "Odd name I know."

"Hey I almost legally changed my name to Tubbo."

-

Toby sat on the swing after school staring at the baby swing. .

"When's your visit?" Addie asked from the monkey bars.

"With dad and ma it's tomorrow, with Grace it's Friday, and with Lani it's this weekend."

"Why is Lani separate?"

"She gets to stay the weekend because she's used to having me around everyday. Makes this transition easier for both of us."

-

"Dad. Ma." The boy hugged his parents tight. His ma ran their fingers through his hair their other arm holding him close.

"I missed you so much my son."

The older Schlatt wrapped his arms around them embracing two of his three favorite people never wanting to let go.

"We've got you bud."