Chapter 1: Just the "usual"

Xingqiu pov:
I was walking trough the crowded streets of Liyue heading towards the bookhouse, just wanted to see if they have any interesting new releases today.
As I was passing next to the Wanmin Restaurant (feel free to correct me in the comments if I spell the places and names wrong) I saw Xiangling wander around between customers asking for their orders and bringing the food. Then I noticed a very familiar light blue haired guy, just like I expected, it was Chongyun. We've been best friends for years and still are. He was probably dragged there by Xiangling herself to be the taste tester.
I slightly chuckles and was about to get out of the restaurant's sight..-
"Xingqiu over here!" -Xiangling yelled after me, I stopped and turned around with the tought that 'this won't be a peaceful day'
"Do you need help Xiangling?" I asked looking at the indigo haired girl around my age.
"Well Chongyun is testing out my new meals but he can't try out the spicy ones so could ypu help me with that?" She replied as she walked over to me with sparkling eyes, here we go, the more excited she looks the more dangerous she is, the archons didn't want me to read in peace today for sure.
"Alright fine but don't take too long I'm planning to go to the bookhouse after this."
"Right right bookworm." The girl rolled her eyes and dragged me over to the kitchen where now I once again saw my other friend.
"Did you just drag Xingqiu here now too?" Chongyun asked in disbelief but he also seemed like he's glad that I'm the one handling the spicy dishes.
"Well since you can't eat spicy and hit foods!" She frowned at him and got the new dishes ready that were waiting to be tested.
"Sorry for being born with a rare condition I can do nothing about." The boy said in a low-key hurt tone. Sometimes I felt bad for teasing him a lot but we both take it as good fun so that's reassuring.
"Yeah yeah instead tell me your opinion about the new salad I made!" She answered every single word was soaked in impatience.
"It has a nice texture I guess- And the flavors are interesting." Xiangling seemed to be pleased with that answer and claimed the salad as a success.
Chongyun looked at me then as I looked back he turned his face away like if he'd been caught, I didn't really understand what's with the sudden nervousness but didn't think much of it, he has a tendency to act nervous sometimes.

-after the taste testing-

Chongyun's pov:
"Alright thank you for helping you two! That's all I have" She exlaimed full of joy since most of her dishes were claimed as good by us.
I looked over ate navy boy standing next to me, his chraming and confident presence always managed to mesmerize me. I always admired his style and his determination for chivalry. He was like a smaller idol in my eyes, no wonders I felt so nervous around him sometimes. His confidence and composure just catches everyone off guard. My toughts were just wandering around as my best friend and the fiery Xiangling were talking. I am glad to be Xingqiu's friend even if he does have a mean and prankstery side to him. He did help me a lot overall and it's fun to be around him. Especially when it's only just us. He's a completely different person when we're alone or with a few other friends. His formal and serious outlook instantly fades away and what we see is the free spirited fun and friendly Xingqiu who loves pulling pranks on us and just mess around. It's a shame that he doesn't show this side of himself in other tines. But I guess that's part of being the 2nd heir of the Feyum Commerce Guild's boss. He does need to keep the appeal of a formal and elegant bussiness person up if they want to keep their reputation the way it is..-

No pov:
"Yun!" Xingqiu said snapping his fingers together infront of the icy male.
"Ah!- uh-" He shook his head "Sorry I zoned out- What is it?"
"Do you want to come with me to the bookhouse or are you busy?" The navy asked (he's abou 4-5 cms taller than Chongyun by the way and I'm going by the most accurate in game heights that I can find-)
"Oh- well I was planning to head home after this but I don't have anything to do so- Sure!" His bestie replied.
They said one last goodbye to the young Chef girl and headed away..-

Alright ya'all thank you for reading my first chapter of this series. It was pretty short sorry for that but I felt motivated to write a story about these two besides I wanted to give something for the ones that are waiting till I post the Drarry fic's next Chapter. (It's coming I promise give me time it's hard to search up the events from the roleplay hehe ^^")
Now again I hope you enjoyed and I'll be coming with the next chapter soon! 💧❤❄