Chapter 10

Lagos

Katia's POV:

I sat opposite Natasha, stirring a sachet of brown sugar into my tea as we waited for a sign that could be Rumlow.

"What do you see?" Steve said over comms. I looked around while taking a sip of my drink. "Standard beat cops, small station, quiet street." My accent had started to fade a little, Natasha helped me and Wanda work on it since doing missions like this is less risky if you sound like everyone else.

"It's a good target." Wanda added. "There's an atm on the south corner which mean-" Steve started, Wanda finished, "cameras."

"Both cross streets are one way."

"So compromised escape routes." I replied. "Means our guy doesn't care about being seen and he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. Katia can you hear anything?"

"No, there's too many voices, picking a highly populated area means they are trying to throw my telepathy off." I replied as my eyes continued to scan the area, trying to decipher the voices for anything that sticks out.

"You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" All of us turned our heads slightly to look at the car. "The red one? It's cute." Wanda replied.

"It's also bulletproof. Which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha added from opposite me.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind right?" Wanda stated sarcastically, I rolled my eyes slightly at her comment as I continue to finish my tea.
"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha added.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam said from on top of a building. "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" She replied causing the two of us to smirk.

"Eyes on target folks. This is the best lead we have had on Rumlow in six months, I don't want to lose him." Steve said Snapping both of our attentions back. "If he sees us coming that won't be a problem, he kinda hates us." Sam said.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it." Sams suit sent out redwing to analyse the truck.

"That truck is loaded mod max weight and the drivers armed."

"It's a battering ram." I thought allowed as I instantly stood up. "Go now." Steve stated to us. "Why?" My sister questioned, sudden confusion in her tone.

"he's not targeting the police." I said as me, Natasha and Wanda started running in the direction. The truck had flipped into the 'Institute for infectious diseases.' Steve was already there fighting, "body armour, AR15, I make seven hostiles."

"I make five." Sam said from the roof. Wanda levitated in using her power followed quickly by me flying down next to her, avoiding eye contact. Wanda used her power form a shield to block bullets, while I slammed my hands hard into the ground. Rippling cracks forced the cement to cripple and trap the legs of a hostile, holding him long enough for Wanda to grab and send him up flying towards Sam. "Sam." She called, grabbing his attention as the mercenary flew through the air and was forced down by Sam's suit back into the broken ground. "Four." He counted.
"Rumlow's on the third floor." Sam said as goggles scanned the building.