Chapter 31 The final chapter

My life has been completely normal, ordinary if you want to call it, until I met my mate. Chandler Jones changed it completely, changed me just as I did to him. From the start, he pushed me away, not wanting me to get caught up in his bad habits. I went on an emotional roller coaster, my head and heart feeling like they were going to explode until I had enough. I overdosed, took a trip some place where I met my unborn sister and was magically brought back to life. *poof* just like that. That's only when Chandler realized he needed to get his act together and quit his old ways, and he did. For me. And let's not forget this current event where my old childhood friend, Chandler's ex boss and aka Mr. psycho pants, is up to his biggest scheme yet. Tonight, the plan is to arrive wearing my red dress with Chandler at my side. We will both split our separate ways once there, with hidden guards in disguise to watch over us. Whatever happens from there happens.

Tucking a lose piece of hair back into place and staring at my reflection in the mirror, I couldn't help but wonder the what ifs. What if I won't ever get to have more emotional roller coasters with Chandler? What if something goes terribly wrong tonight where one of us will be mateless? What if my first love dies also? The what ifs wander endlessly in my head until I feel a headache coming on. Thankfully the door opens, snapping me out my overwhelming thoughts.

Chandler adjusts his tie and I can't help but stare. I mean, it's kinda hard not to stare at something or someone so perfect. His hair was sleeked back, the formal suit made him extremely sexy and somehow made his face structure look more defined. He looked like a model or some famous celebrity. I wasn't surprised when I noticed both of our faces were identical, as he took in my new look also.

"You look stunning." He whispers huskily close to my ear and the goosebumps appear on my arms as usual. His cologne is strong but smells extremely nice, as always.

I purse my lips, "You don't look too bad yourself."

Chandler holds out his arm like the gentlemen he's pretending to be. I link it with mine graciously and the both of us walk out the house together. My heels click against the cold pavement as my heart beats wildly in my chest. Even though I have Chandler by my side, my nerves had no control.

"After you my lady." Chandler then opens the car door for me and just when I'm about to put my foot in, he slams it shut, running to his side with the most annoying hyena laugh. One word- childish.

"Asshole." I mutter as I slam the door behind me.

"I'm just trying to make you relax a little." He says apologetically as we drive off to our doom.

I wish he would take his time. Every green light we pass, my stomach clenches.

"Are you okay?" Chandler asks worriedly, "You look pale."

It amazes me how he can be so calm and think that everything's under control when he has no clue at all what surprises are in store. Obviously he doesn't know Derek too well.

"I'm fine." I do my best to smile, but I know he can tell that it's weak and fake. Probably the fact that whenever a girl says, "I'm fine." she's definitely not fine. The complete opposite.

We arrive at the school and pull into the parking lot. The cool air that I needed desperately on me so I wouldn't faint right then and there, was cut off from Chandler's keys pulling out. I watched out the window frantically. Happy young couples with the same formal attire, walked into the school, the biggest grins on their faces. I envied them.

"Hey, you'll be fine." Chandler notices my expression and cups my face with his hands. "We have at least twenty backup here."

I nod and get out the car with trembling legs. These heels didn't help at all. Chandler kept me standing straight though as we walked inside the school's gym. It was decorated like your average high school dance. The lights were turned off, beaming colorful lights moved in random areas all over the room. Balloons and party decor were randomly scattered everywhere. The dance floor was full with horny teens grinding on each other and of course the conservative people who mingled around the drink and snack bar. You can tell someone, no doubt, spiked the drink from the wild jocks running about. Chandler's hand stayed pressed against my lower back as we talk to few friends. I slowly get bored from the long, exciting conversation of sports until I see a red head bouncing my way. Chrissy grabs my arm, almost dragging me down with her. Something was off about her.