▹ Embracing the changes

Admittedly, George wasn't the happiest about moving buildings and having the company he had been a part of since being a teenager change into something different. To be honest, he didn't see the need for a change and well...he put his boss on a timeout and tried to go on strike until Namjoon literally dragged him out of the dorm by his ear. When the members chose to check out the new building for the first time, George acted like a jealous child that just met his new sibling... he refused to look around and stayed seated by the main entrance with a scowl on his face. 

It got to the point where Jungkook had to literally carry him around on the tour. 

George had no interest in the new building...until he discovered the new studio they had prepared for him. It's no secret that George's favourite place is his studio. It's his comfort spot, the place he runs to when life is too much and he just wants to lose himself in his music. His studio is important to him and the company staff knew that. So, they made sure that he had one in the new building, one that he could spend a large amount of time in comfortably. 

"This room...well...this room is George's new studio." 

Hungover Jeon Jungkook's shoulder like a pouty child, George's head perked up and with big eyes, he stared at his boss. "You got me a new studio?" 

"Yeah, and you would know that if you didn't jump straight to putting me on a 'time out' as you like to call it. It's bigger, new equipment, new LEDs. It's basically your dream studio...but if you want it then you will need to accept the changes and embrace the new. Can you do that?" 

Jungkook settled George down onto the ground and George turned to Bang PD with narrowed eyes. "Depends how nice the st- HOLY IT'S BEAUTIFUL." 

The room was bigger than George's old studio with LED lights slowly changing colour, George felt like the air had been knocked out of him. It was everything he had ever wanted. The sofa that was in his old room had been moved into his new one and there was even a corner with dog stuff for Pluto. Honestly, George was nearly in tears. An overwhelming amount of gratefulness washed over him as he turned to look at his smirking boss. Behind Bang PD was all of his members. They all watched George with immense happiness upon seeing how excited he was. 

"You like it, Georgie? We helped them design it!" Hoseok told him excitedly. 

For the first time ever, George Lee didn't have anything to say. He was speechless. 

"Oh my god, he's quiet for once. Quick everyone! Cherish this moment we never know when we'll get another moment like this!" Taehyung joked, throwing his head back to bask in the moment of George's silence. 

George wanted to enter the room but he couldn't seem to move his feet. Stuck in one spot, he stared at the studio in awe. 

"Geun, go check it out." Yoongi pushed him forward with a laugh. 

His movement was almost robotic with a slow pace, he entered the room. Eyes darting all over the room to try and take it all in at once. It was almost overwhelming and tears of gratitude began to puddle in his eyes. 

"The dog corner was Taehyung's idea, we realized that you have Pluto in your studio with you a lot so what's better than to have his own corner?" Jimin explained, clasping his hands together. 

"Thank you," George's words came out as a whisper.  He cleared his throat and spoke up a little louder. "Thank you so much, I don't even know what to say." 

"So...you finally embrace the change?" 

George thought for a second. It was a bittersweet change. The name BigHit Entertainment, the old building, it was all he had ever known but change is good and so he found himself nodding. 

"I'm learning to embrace the change." 

His boss smiled. "And I'm okay with that. There's still a lot more rooms, but we can resume the tour after George has got over his initial shock. I'll be back in twenty minutes." 

The door closed with a quiet click leaving the eight men alone together. Jin rested a hand on George's shoulder, whilst the members began to explore the room for themselves.

"I don't know what I did to deserve this... I don't deser-" 

"Don't you dare finish that sentence," Jin interrupted him immediately. "You do deserve this." 

George took a deep breath and rested his forehead against Jin's forearm. "I just feel so grateful. This is all I've ever wanted. I love my studio so much and now I can make even better music and just.. I'm happy. I'm really fucking happy." 

Jin patted the back of George's head affectionately. "That's what we wanted." 

Out of nowhere, the door to George's studio swung open aggressively to reveal a panicked looking Soobin and an amused Beomgyu behind him. Soobin was holding Pluto in one arm whilst the other covered his mouth. He quickly bowed. 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean- Beomgyu pushed me- I didn't me-" Soobin gave up trying to explain himself and held up the dog in his hand. "I have Pluto." 

George chuckled and took Pluto into his arms. "Thank you for looking after him whilst I was carried around the company against my will." 

"No problem." The two boys swiftly bowed and then scurried out of the room causing the eight older men to laugh at their shyness. Even after all this time, they still get timid. 

George placed Pluto on the ground and stepped back. The eight men gathered to watch as the small dog curiously sniffed around the room before spotting his corner. Timidly, Pluto looked up at George for a moment before turning back to the corner. He was wary at first but quickly gained some confidence when George went and sat by the bed that had been bought for him. 

"That dog lives a better life than me," Jungkook huffed. 

George shrugged. "He's my child. It's what he deserves. Don't be jealous." 

Pluto Lee is one spoilt dog with half of George's paycheck purely going on him. Not that George minded...he'd go bankrupt for that dog if he had to. 

______________________________

hi hi, just want to take this moment to thank you guys for your constant support. you guys never fail to put a smile on my face. these books have really helped my mental health and you guys are a huge part of that too, so thank you for being so kind and i am grateful for all of you. 

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway. 

you're beyond appreciated 💖

— blue x