Chapter 32

!!Trigger warning!! *Anxiety mentions and description near the end*

I went backstage once we reached our performance location a few hours before the beginning of the show so that I could stretch before dancing.

I spent two hours stretching and getting myself ready for the dance, both physically and emotionally.

"So..... what's the dance about?" Brandon asked as he walked in on me in the middle of a leg stretch.

"You'll find out soon enough" I replied, smirking.

He opened his mouth to protest but one of the staff came in and told me it was almost time for me to make my appearance.

"Don't worry, it's something you can relate to" I said as I glanced back at Brandon and with that I left the room and stood behind the curtains, a glimpse of the audience peeking through the small gap.

After taking a few deep breaths I closed my eyes for a few moments, remembering my dance, my music and my story.

I pushed the curtains open and stepped up, eyeing everyone in the crowd, I didn't say anything and just bowed. Music filled my ears as I envisioned the story in my head.

A little boy meets a girl, she's nice, beautiful, kind, funny, sweet and all the good things in the world so he can't help but fall in love.

A girl meets a boy, he's brave, caring, handsome, respectful and all the good things in the world so she can't help but fall in love.

They hang out with each other, taking care of one another, not daring to speak their feelings. Years pass, they both start dating other people, meeting them because, according to these two, it's better dating someone you don't care about than someone you'd die for.

They drifted apart, their hearts slowly dying, losing all feelings in the world. They can't love, can't be happy, can't be content.

Years pass, and they both meet each other, without knowing so. They stand across from each other, each one on a building, maybe, just maybe, if one of them looked up they'd notice the love of their life trying to jump to their death.

But they didn't, they took deep breaths, closed their eyes and leaped.

What would've happened if they confessed? Would they be living happily ever after with a nice warm family? I guess we'll never know because, can you pair the dead?

I started dancing, putting all of my emotions into my every move, I turned around, clenched my heart then let it go, what am I doing?

The dance reached an end and I thought to myself, I don't even know what love feels like, it comes with a price I'm not ready to pay...

The thoughts racing through my head brought tears to my eyes, it matched perfectly with the dance. They jumped off, but so did I.....

I looked at the ceiling, performing my last move, tears streaming down my cheeks. The audience was quiet, after a few minutes, I had calmed down and then bowed again.

Everyone started clapping and bouquets of flowers were thrown on me, dang, I didn't know they did that anymore.

I chuckled as I picked up all the flowers and waved at everyone as I disappeared behind the curtains.

I got changed into more comfortable clothes, not bothering to take my makeup off. I looked for my friends as someone covered my eyes with their hands.

"Who am I?"

"Shut up Ethan do you think I won't recognize your voice?" I said pulling his hands off my eyes.