Homecoming disaster

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
After we had eaten our fill in pizza we did the dishes and tidied up. The sheets in our  bedroom needed changing so while I changed it, Dimitri took a shower. Then while he was changing, I took a shower. The moon was out by this time and I had decided to change into my sleepwear instead of wearing day clothes when it was so close to bedtime.

I showered and changed into a pair of booty shorts and a t-shirt and came outside where Dimitri was sitting on the bed, his head in his hands. I approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder and he looked up at me his silver eyes troubled.
"What is it my love?" I asked.
"Alessandro called while you were in the shower. He said he was doing border patrol and found three of our warriors, dead with snapped necks and broken organs," Dimitri said.

"Goddess that's terrible, how, when why?" I asked utterly horrified by the news.
"This is a warning. From either Ravenna or Marcus," Dimitri stated as he rose off the bed and stood at the balcony.
"But why? What do they want from us?" I asked as I walked over to where he stood.
"Marcus wants you Artemis. He sent that note as a warning," Dimitri replied.

"And what's with Ravenna? I  don't even know her," I said.
"She wants revenge against me.  For what I did to her years ago,"
"And what did you do to her?"
"Ravenna wanted to be Dad's mate. She made advances at him when I was training with my elemental powers since she thought if she became his mate, our packs when aligned with each other would become unstoppable," Dimitri explained.

"One of the laws in Romania is if a wolf has a mate and someone else wants to take their place, he or she will be charged if it can be proven. The penalty, losing fifteen percent of their pack, depending on how often they make the advances. Mom, Dad and I went to the council and told them that Ravenna was making advances to Dad and Ravenna lost over a hundred of her pack members."

"Did this happen before or after Isabelle died?" I inquired.
"Before she died. Why?" he asked raising his eyebrows.
"It could be possible that she was trying to get close to your father in hopes of you getting attracted to her. You have elemental powers so it only makes sense that she'd want you instead," I said. "She has elemental powers doesn't she?"

"She does. She can inflict pain on a wolf using her mind. Physically and psychologically, but I never told you that, do how do you know?" Dimitri asked.
"Just a guess," I said shrugging my shoulders.
"We may have to go back home tomorrow. If Ravenna and Marcus are working together, I need to be there to protect the pack. They're both equally dangerous and insane in their own twisted ways. There's no telling what they'll do next," Dimitri said monotonously.

"I'll start packing," I said lowly as I walked to the closet and began to take down our clothes to drop them on the bed.
"It's not fair! I don't want to go home so early I want to stay in Tropic Breeze a little longer," Caroline complained.
"Caro come on, we have to get back, there's no telling what Ravenna and Marcus will do if we stay away from home any longer. We're the Luna of Crimson Blood, we have duties to our mate and our pack. We have to leave," I tried to reason with her.

"I suppose you're right," she mumbled incoherently.
"We'll come back some other time, I promise," I said soothingly as I packed my clothes into my suitcase.
"I'll make reservations and tell Alpha Daryl we're leaving. In the meantime, pack up our things and don't forget to take the pizzas," Dimitri said as he dialed a number on his phone.

"Sure no problem," I said softly.
I knew we had to go home and all, but like Caroline I was also wanting to stay in Tropic Breeze a little longer. But as they say;
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. I had duties to fulfill, and as the Luna of Crimson Blood, I needed to be there for them. I also felt bad that I hadn't used any of the bathing suits that the girls got for me, but on the bright side, Dimitri had a pool at his house.

I finished packing everything and by that time, Dimitri had called Alpha Daryl and told him that we'd be leaving in the morning. But Alpha Daryl wasn't home so we left the message with his mate, Luna Crissy. Dimitri made plane reservations for us for eight o'clock tomorrow morning and also called Mr Chekhov and told him we were coming home.

The six pizzas were packed into containers and placed in a carry on that Dimitri had stored away in the closet. It was nine o'clock by the time we went to bed.
"I'm so sorry we had to cut our vacation short my love," Dimitri said apologetically as we laid in bed, wrapped in each other's arms staring listlessly up at the ceiling.

"It's fine. We have obligations to our pack and our family, we need to fulfill them don't we?" I said as I rested my head on his chest.
"I'm so glad you understand. And trust me, when we get back home, I'll make this up to you. I promise," he said kissing me on the top of my head.
I nodded off into a troubled sleep around ten, my thoughts nagging at me like pestering flies.

When we woke up the next morning it was six o'clock. Two hours until our flight. We got out of bed, tidied up and took a shower together to save time.
I dressed in a pair of black hip hugger jeans, a white shirt, a black leather jacket and stilettos. I combed my hair into a ponytail and applied lipstick, eyeliner and mascara, not bothering to go all out in my makeup. Not today.
Dimitri wore black jeans, a black t-shirt and sneakers.

Dimitri packed the luggage in the Maserati while I poured some cereal for us. I was still bummed out from going home so early but managed to keep my sour mood  concealed from Dimitri who was already stressed out as is. We ate in silence and once finished, we did the dishes.
"I'm sorry we had to leave baby. I really am sorry," Dimitri said as he pulled me close to him and buried his nose in my neck. 

"Stop apologizing," I said softly.
"I feel bad. We were supposed to have a week's worth vacation. But it was cut just because of a pack emergency. I'm sorry-"
"STOP APOLOGIZING!" I yelled.
Dimitri froze and looked stunningly at me.

"You're my mate! Crimson Blood is my pack just as much as it is yours. I'm your Luna, I have obligations to you, our pack and our family. I can't put my self pleasures above my duties. You have nothing to be sorry for," I said in a gentler tone.
"But Artemis-" he argued.
"If you apologize one more time, I'll never open my legs for you again," I threatened.

Dimitri immediately closed his mouth and I giggled and hugged him tenderly, wrapping my arms around his neck.
"Now let's go to the airport and get home," I whispered lovingly.
"Whatever you say my Luna," he chuckled and kissed me on my neck and rubbed my back.
So we went outside, Dimitri locked the door and we got in the car and drove to the airport where our plane was waiting to take us to Crimson Blood.

The flight was short and uneventful, I leaned my head on Dimitri's shoulder and closed my eyes. Having woken up early this morning I was a little tired. Once we landed, Dimitri called our driver to pick us up. He arrived in half an hour and we packed our various belongings into the trunk and got in.

The ride to Crimson Blood was just like the plane ride. Short and uneventful. We arrived at the packhouse and the car parked. Several omegas came and unloaded our luggage and carried them inside while Dimitri and I went to the back of the packhouse where we heard several loud, angry voices.

"Mom Dad what's going on?" Dimitri said anxiously as he approached Mr and Mrs Chekhov who were standing next to Todd, Bria, Lana, Everice, Alessandro and Vincent.
"We have a visitor," Bria said through clenched teeth.
"A visitor? Who is it?" I asked.
"Well, well, well. From one Alpha to the next hmm? And you call me a whore," a nasty female voice said sarcastically.

I stiffened and turned around to see who spoke. My eyes widened and my blood went cold.
"What is this bitch doing here?!" Caroline growled.
I didn't answer. How could I? I was too stunned for words to form. But just as quickly my stunned expression changed to one of anger and resentment. I clench my fists and I could feel my blood boiling. How dare this bitch show her face here?!

Author's note: Well, well, well what just happened? First of all Artemis and Dimitri had their vacation at Tropic Breeze Pack cut short, they had to go home to deal with a pack emergency and now someone here is on their lawn and Artemis clearly knows them. Correction she. Shoutout to the first person who guesses who is the mysterious trespasser in the next chapter. As always I hope you all enjoyed it, next one will be up soon. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️