chapter 23

"goodnight emma" he said. she let out a sigh. "i know i'm drunk,but i mean that" emma said. nate nodded his head and shut her door.

he got back in his truck and drive back to the party.

what is he supposed to tell skylar? or should he keep his mouth shut?

he slammed his truck door shut and walked back into the party. he spotted skylar sitting on the kitchen counter,looking at her phone. she looked up to see nate walking toward her.

she smiled and kissed his cheek
"do you love me even when i get lipgloss on your cheek" she laughed and wiped the lipgloss off his cheek. "of course" he said.

he was leaning against her hugging her. she had her head over his shoulder and watched everyone pass them.

they ended up leaving 20 minutes  later cause it was getting boring.

when they got in his truck it was pretty quiet. skylar was tired and nate had a lot he was thinking about. like the fact that emma said she was in love with him?!

when they got back to her house they both went inside and got in her bed. she fell asleep immediately and nate got a text from emma

emma-come in here

he looked over at skylar to make sure she was asleep.

he quietly got out of the bed and made his way to emma's room.

"nate we need to talk"
"emma you're drunk"
which wasn't completely true. it had kind of wore off at this point.
"nate please just let me talk"
he nodded his head
"look you've been my best friend forever. and i really love and appreciate all the things you've done for me and my my sister.it's just i don't know,i guess i've never really realized how hot you are or how much i liked you."

he looked at her and looked down.
"emma-
she cut him off
"nate please don't tell skylar"

"i won't. it's just you know i'm dating her,why are you telling me this now?"

"i want to be with you nate"
"emma you know we can't"
"nate don't do this right now please"
"emma,skylar is your sister"
"i know but i can't control who i love"
"emma,this isn't right"
"but i love you"
she said and rubbed his shoulder

she leaned her forehead against his and stared into his eyes. they looked at eachother for a few seconds and then smashed their lips against eachothers.

he took his lips off of hers and looked into her eyes. she looked into his. and then they reattached their lips.

"nate?" skylar said standing in the doorway
nate turned around and immediately stood up
"skylar it's not what it looks like"
"really? so my sister and boyfriend aren't making out?"
nate looked down
"fuck you and you"
she said pointing to emma and nate.

nate chased after her as she walked back to her bedroom but she slammed the door right in his face before he could get in