Chapter Seven

Jason's life had just gotten so much more complicated in the span of 90 minutes.

Apparently, in Tim's universe, Jason died. Which caused Bruce to go crazy and Tim to become the 3rd Robin.

And then Jason came back to life.

What the actual hell?

So, in theory, if Bruce hadn't rescued him and he hadn't lived, then the Tim Drake of this universe would still be alive and kicking?

That's... not a fun thought.

It seemed that Steph was obviously not asking the questions she wanted to.

Why?

No idea. But she wasn't. She was hesitating.

Steph didn't hesitate often.

Of course, she was also from another Universe, so what did he know?

Certainly not anything about his sisters. if Steph and Babs, the two girls who'd never hurt him, had hidden something like this?

What else were they hiding?

And why didn't they trust him with it?

...

Bruce was beyond worried. He was on the verge of having a full-blown breakdown. Both of his sons had gone radio silent, along with the mountain going into lockdown. And nobody had known until an hour and a half later.

An hour and a half that could have caused something terrible to happen.

None of the team was answering their comms, Oracle and Batgirl and Nightwing and Robin were all offline.

The last time something like that had happened...

No! He couldn't think about that now. No, he had to get to the mountain. To the team.

To his children.

...

Tim was different. Changed.

He was no longer the sweet and innocent teen with the computer. The teen that looked at the world with an undying hope for the future. The teen that she knew would never hurt her.

He was different.

It wasn't a bad different. At least, she didn't think it was.

He could still make her heart pound when when he laughed. Could still send shivers down her spine when he looked at her with those intelligent blue eyes that she knew would have all the answers to her questions. Still could fill her blood with warmth with a single touch.

She wondered if kissing him would still cause love and happiness to flare inside of her. It probably would.

She watched as he let out a laugh at one of Bart's jokes.

It definitely would.

But that didn't change the fact that he was different.

Because he was.

Colder, darker, even more intelligent then before. Stronger, too.

And Steph might've been the only one to notice.

Because she was the only one that knew him. Knew him before whatever changed him happened.

She wanted to ask him what had happened. What had changed him. But she knew that that wasn't a discussion for now. In front of all these people who looked like his friends but weren't. She would ask him later, when they were alone and away from prying ears.