31"

Flashback 6th year

Flashback
6th year

James and Zenevieva had snuck out of their respective common rooms and had decided to meet up at the Astronomy Tower.

The sun had set a few hours ago meaning that the Hogwarts grounds were covered in a layer of darkness.

It was a clear night, not a cloud in sight, the stars shining above, twinkling like little beacons far away in the dark mass.

A soft chilly breeze blew through their hair making Zenevieva shiver a little as she pulled her Slytherin jumper over her hands.

James had nicked a cigarette from Sirius and Remus and passed it between him and Zenevieva, each having a drag.

Zenevieva exhaled, the smoke billowing out around her, fading into the darkness.

Her lips chapped from the cold and her hair tangled from the breeze that rushed through it.

Bringing the cigarette back to her lips she paused

"Want something Potter?" She asked, continuing to look out at the grounds.

She could feels James' stare burning into the side of her head.

James carried on looking at her silently.

With his lack of a response Zenevieva turned her head to look at him.

"You alright?" She asked scrunching her nose in confusion at the strange way James was looking at her

"Perfect" James nodded

"Right then?" Zenevieva nodded singularly in confusion taking another drag from the cigarette before turning her head away to look at the illuminated moon.

Her eyes didn't get to linger long on the night sky as James had leant over and cupped her chin, directing her face to look at him.

His lips grazed her slowly

Zenevieva gasped letting the smoke she'd just inhaled filter out between their lips and fade into the night air.

His hands caressed her cheeks as Zenevieva kissed him back with the same gentleness.

She'd never been kissed like that before.

So soft, gentle, tender, lovingly but she liked it.

Perhaps... perhaps she liked him

She reached forward placing her hand in his hair curing waves around her fingers slowly.

It was a strange feeling. One she couldn't describe.

But never the less she enjoyed it, a feeling of homeliness, safety and warmth.

Because that is what James Potter was;

Home.

Zenevieva never did know what home felt like. She never did know what it was like to be loved or cared or for someone to be proud of her, for someone to think about her and care about her well-being.

And James Potter did that.

James loved and he cared and he laughed and he smiled and he had a golden heart.

It was all Zenevieva ever needed.

James knew that, she herself knew that so they let it be.

Zenevieva pulled back slowly, searching James' eyes for any kind of regret.

But she saw nothing but adoration reflected back at her.

James pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear, untangling it as he did so.

The pair didn't say anything but instead sat in comfortable silence, Zenevieva resting her head on James' shoulder as he twirled a green thread from her jumper around his finger as he rested his head on top of hers.

The two of them strolled through the dark corridors of the castle, their hands interlocked and shoulders bumping as they walked.

"Come on Zen, I've always wanted to visit the prefects bathroom. Give us the password, just this once" James pleaded searching her features

" come on then" she sighed with a smile watching his excited face.

The room filled with the scents of Lavender, citrus, pine and cherries as the colourful water filled the pool.

Pink and lemon bubbles drifted in the air, occasionally popping over their heads.

Foam towered over them as they slipped into the warm water.

James pulled Zenevieva over towards him and wrapped his arms around her waist as they drifted around.

"Won't the boys be wondering where you are?" She asked tracing circled on his back while she rested her head on his shoulder

"Probably" James shrugged pressing his face into her hair