Chapter Three

Clementine's P.O.V

"So, we've got eight super soldiers on a bulk supply run. Why?"

I sat wedged between Sam and Bucky, opposite Captian show-off "they say their mission is to get things back to the way they were during the blip, maybe they're trying to help" Sam explained. I rubbed my knee against Bucky's, silently asking if he was okay "they have a funny way of showing it" Bucky mumbled back, his knee rubbing mine in return.

"That serum doesn't exactly have a great track record, no offense" Walker remarked eyeing Bucky, who just glared at him. "Offense taken" I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest. Walker's eyes flickered between Bucky and me, I rolled my eyes at him and turned to look at the scenery passing us.

"We need to figure out where they're going, how'd you track them?" Sam asked breaking the tension. Hoskins and Walker shared a look before smiling sheepishly at us "we didn't track them, we tracked you through Redwing" Hoskins admitted, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "You hacked my tech?" Sam snapped in disbelief, Walker laughed "sorry but it isn't actually hacking, it's government property, and well, I'm kind of government" he explained gesturing to himself with a cocky smile.

I gritted my teeth at his arrogance, I could feel the anger radiating off of Bucky's body as he glared hard at Walker. I looked up at him and smirked to myself  "Does he always just stare like that?" Walker huffed to Sam. Sam glanced at Bucky and me "You get used to it" Walker grunted in frustration "Look, I know things haven't-" I zoned out, choosing not to listen to whatever he was saying.

"If you guys joined up with us, we could-

"No"

Bucky shot him down quickly "I got mad respect for all three of you, but you were getting your asses kicked until we showed up" Hoskins mused as he sat back in his seat "who are you?" Bucky sassed, Hoskins raised his brow and smirked "Lemar Hoskins" he repeated.

"I see a man hanging out of a helicopter in full tactical gear, I need a lot more than just Lemar Hoskins" I told him, leaning forward in my seat. Both Walker and Hoskins eyed me, small smirks on their faces "I'm Battlestar, John's partner"

"Battlestar?" Bucky boomed before turning in his seat "stop the car, come one Dove" he bellowed angrily, I pulled myself up as Bucky jumped out the back, holding his hands out to help me down "I get it, okay? I get the attitude, I do" Walker began to reason. I took Bucky's hand and allowed him to pull me out of the car "you didn't think the shield was going to end up here, I get it Bucky, Clem come on?" he called out to us as Bucky pulled me along, his hand clasped tightly around mine.

................................................................................................................................................................

I sat cross-legged on the container in the center of the jet, Bucky sat next to me, his head hung low "you okay?" I whispered to him, leaning against his shoulder slightly. Sam lay on the seats at the side, a look of defeat on his face "let's take the shield, and do this ourselves." Bucky breathed out.

Sam sat up and crossed his arms over his chest "we're can't just run up on the man, beat him and take it" he explained with a huff, I pushed myself off the container and moved to stand between Bucky's thighs, facing him "Do you remember what happened last time we stole it?" Bucky looked up at me "maybe" he mumbled. Sam scoffed "I'll help you in case you forgot, Sharon was branded enemy of the state. Steve, Clem, Nat and I were on the run for two years" he recalled.

Bucky nodded sadly, I gently gripped his chin turning his face up to look at me. My body still between his spread legs as I examined the bruises on his face "we just got our asses handed to us by super soldiers and we got nothing but a load of cuts and bruises" I muttered, Bucky's hand wrapped around mine, holding it as he signed.