Chapter 91: Hope

Hey bitches,

So I have put yall through a lot recently so here's a HAPPY chapter.

You're welcome in advance.

——————————————————————

Moments like these will always be the hardest in life. Saying goodbye is never easy and letting go is even worse.
But sometimes, the longer you hold on the more you get burnt and I've learnt that in this life in order to survive, avoiding the fire is compulsory.

Huddled up together by the lake, all we could do was think and our thoughts are our enemies.
But all I could think about was this new chapter in life, one that I'd have to navigate without him when he was always the one pulling me out the dark. Though I knew the thought of him was strong enough to save me from myself.

"Bella ciao Bella ciao..." Adriano begins to sing to himself.

"Dude this isn't Italian Liberation day." I roll my eyes at him.

"You guys are so sad, Stefanie is definitely here as a ghost making fun of your crying faces. No seriously, you're all ugly criers." He continues to bully us.

Well I don't beg to differ but you didn't need to say it like that.

"Adriano it's not my fault you suppress your emotions like go to fucking therapy you freak." I shoot back at him.

"I'm already in therapy because apparently I take my anger out on a child. Which is very untrue." He folds his arms.

"Guys we are trying to mourn." Natalia cuts between us.

"Tell that to Mr 'I'm numb to all pain'." I roll my eyes.

"Well that was very insulting Sienna. Today of all days, have you no shame?" Adriano shakes his head in disappointment.

He will be the first person I throw under the bus if it ever came down to it.

"He would enjoy this." Christian slightly chuckles under his breath.
Yeah, he would thrive in Dora's stupidity.

We enjoyed the view and the heat of the moment a while longer. It was easier because I had people to mourn with. I wasn't alone in my pain this time, none of us were.
Having Dominico's hand in mine made this bitter moment a little more sweet.

When the sun started to set we decided to call it a day. One we wouldn't forget.
Everyone went inside the lake house and hung out by the fire, enjoying the snacks pilled on the table.
We talked about the most random of things but I enjoyed these small conversations we would have as a family.

"How is running the Mob going bro?" I ask Christian who is currently playing chopsticks with a very confused Aiden.

"It's easier than I would have thought, it's a lot more dangerous now as well. Since dad is gone, I have more targets on my back. More people want the throne." He explains stressed out.

"Tell them to fight me first." I fold my arms guaranteed I can defeat any of his opponents.

Because I'm just a bad bitch.