The father

"You sure about this?"

Jungkook tilted his head to the side, smirking a little at his friend's abrupt question.

"Sure." He nodded, fixing his jet black blazer over an equally black turtle neck top, that stuck to his built torso like scutes of an alligator. He flicked his gaze over to the body sized mirror standing in front of him, catching Jimin's eyes through the glass, "Are you perhaps... Scared?"

Jimin rolled his eyes, fixing his cuffs and shook his head a little.

"I'm not scared, Jeon." He scoffed, "I'm just being careful. It's your father after all."

"And it's just a routine annual meeting where we have to update him on the recent deals, no biggie. We've been doing this for a few years now haven't we?" Jungkook asked him, swiftly turning on his shoes to face the shorter boy.

Jimin hummed but it was easy to point out his uneasiness.

"What's it." The mob boss asked him, his smile gone and voice reduce to a low hum, "Spit before I make you."

The shorter ravenette gulped subtly, shifting between his feet under the intimidating gaze.

"It-it's just that... Kook im afraid he knows," Jimin let out, his voice small as his fingers played together, "You know Namjoon hyung has to report him everything." 

Jungkook let out a sigh, rolling his eyes as he turned back to the dresser and pulled up a cologne bottle. He dropped a little of his favourite Chanel perfume on his wrist before rubbing it on the other. Jimin looked on at his nonchalance, his own frustration peaking at this point.

"Are you even listening to me!?" He spat exasperated, "Your father-- Jeon Jaesung knows everything, everything! the way this gang is reducing to shits with each passing day-- with the increasing number of deals we lost recently solely because of your attitude! Then our stupid international jet getting partially sold to these Americans-- and not to forget your everlasting obsession with establishing the artist's charity club, he knows and sees everything Jungkook."

The mob boss grit his teeth, not looking up as he strapped a Rolex on his wrist, "And? What if he knows everything huh? You think I care?"

Jimin groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Are you an idiot? It's not about whether you care or not! Need I remind you that before you inherited all this, Jaesung ruled over the Jeons gang. His kingdom extended national boundaries once, and you? What did you do since you stepped up the throne huh? Stuff like rejecting the important weapons trade offer from the Philippines gang why? Because the leader fucking misspelled your name!?"

Jungkook snickered at the memory, nodding in agreement.

"But he deserved it, really who the hell spells Jungkook as Jungle-crook? He was totally mocking me." He said before laughing out at his own supposed insult.

"He WASN'T okay? He was dyslexic and couldn't read-- anyway," Jimin sucked in a lungful of breath before calming himself down, "Jungkook, you know what I'm talking about right? The Jeons mafia isn't as strong as it used to be since you took over, I know you're just twenty and still have your head in the clouds--"

"I don't have my head in the clouds." Jungkook cut in, pursing his lips to control his bubbling laughter.

"--and you always find other things more important than the gang but you have to be careful okay? See you know I'm your best friend, I'll support you in whatever, gang or no gang I don't really care but I care about you kookah. If Jaesung doesn't take it well, you understand what he'll do to you right? His CV literally screams 'Not to be messed with.' "