9. Last Minute Change

Fifth Year:

Today is Thursday, two days before the chirstmas holiday.

Am I excited?

Yes, very much.

Am I going to miss Hogwarts?

I mean, yeah.

Am I going to miss James?

Hell. No.

One week ago after my Sarah Blossom Prank, James decided to take this prank war to the next level.

Normally, we would do three or four pranks in a week.

Now, we do eight pranks in a week.

After changing my hair shampoo, he put glitter on my hair brush, made all the words in my books dance whenever I tried to read them, started a rumor about me and Nico dating, putting laughing potion in my water and making me get to the point where I nearly peed my pants because of laughing, making the quill invisible everytime I try to write something, sending a fake letter from my parents and making me believe that our owl died....

And all of this only happened in one week.

But of course, I know how to get him back.

Everytime he pulled a prank on me, I got my revenge.

Such as...

Putting highlight in his tooth brush, making his teeth shine everytime he talks, putting hot souce on his napking and burning his lips, casting a spell that fills your shoes with water everytime you try to walk, telling Sarah that he wanted to go on a date with her, sending a fake letter to his parents and asking for muggle maths tutoring lessons, turning his uniforms all pink with glittery writing on it that says 'I Love You Slytherins!'

And now, we are even. We're taking a small holiday break.

Like I told him at the start of this year, it won't be like the 4th grade.

I'm fighting back.

******

I was doing my transfiguration homework in the library when Teddy sat next to me with exhaustion.

"Yes, Teddy?" I lifted his head with my right hand.

"Minnie made me clean the potions class for detention." He dropped his head to the table again, which made a few Ravenclaw and Hufflepuffs go 'shhh!'

"Then why are you even here?" I whispered. "Go back to the common room, get some rest."

His head shot back up and he suddenly seem serious. "I actually wanted to ask you something."

Teddy rarely becomes serious which seemed a little bit off. "Uhm, okay?"

"I was wondering... if you could," after his every word, he made hand movements that didn't even make sense.

"Teddy, do you want me to take you to the hospital wing? You look like you're about to-" he cut me off and talked in one breath.

"I was just wondering if you would liketostaywithusforchristmas?"

It took me a second to actually understand what he was saying.

I smiled. "Oh, uhm, yeah sure."

"Wait, really? You would come?"

"I mean, yeah. I will need to ask my parents but I'm sure they will be okay with it."

He looked more relax and happy.