Overdose Adam Imagine

TRIGGER ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️: DRUG OVERDOSE READ WITH CAUTION

Y/n Pov

I decided to go over to Adam's house today. His mom lets me in with a surprised look. "Y/n, I thought that you were already here. Adam said that a girl was coming home with him today, and I assumed it was you," she says motioning to the stairs. I run upstairs with her following me. I open the door to find him and Julie on the bed kissing. "What the hell are you doing?" his mom yells as tears stream down my face. "Y/n!" Adam and Julie yell. I push past his mom and run downstairs. I go to my house and run into my room. I locked all of the doors. I write down a note explaining to everyone why I am about to do what I'm doing. I go into the bathroom and grab a bottle of strong sleeping pills. I take all of them that are left. I lay down as darkness envelopes me.

Adam Pov

It's been a few hours since Y/n left my house. Her parents are out of town so I'm worried about her. Julie and I tell the team what happened. Charlie demands that we go to her house to check on her. When we get there the four is locked. I have a key so I unlock the door. We all run up to her room. The door is open so we go in. I check her bathroom door and it's locked. Fulton and Dean knock it in. She's laying there on the floor cold, and pale. Charlie checks for a pulse but doesn't find one. I start doing CPR while Connie calls 911. "Come one Y/n. Please wake up. I need you. I love you. I'm so sorry, " I cry out with tears streaming down my face. When the ambulance gets there, Charlie has to forcefully pull me away. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her parents are notified. There is a note laying on her desk that has my name on it, with shaking hands I pick it up and put it in my pocket. We are all crying as we go to my house.

Today is the day of the funeral. I haven't read the note yet. We all walk through together.  Bombay lays her jerseys in the casket with her. I'm crying so much. We all are. Her parents have asked us all to say a few words. Most of them are talking about how much she will be missed. My turn comes up and I say, "Y/n was an amazing person. She had a smile that could light up the entire world. She was a loving, caring, kind, imaginative, determined, and hardworking human being. She loved friends, family, and hockey. I'm gonna miss her until the day I die. Love you Y/n." I sit back down as the funeral continues.

Now I'm back home and I decided to read the note. It says,
Dear Adam,
I knew that one day this would happen. I wanted to tell you why. Before I met you, I had constant thoughts of ending it all. I thought that I want enough and you changed that. That's is until today. When I saw you and Julie I realized that I was right in the beginning. I should be dead because I want to be. I want you to not blame yourself. It was only a matter of time before my demons caught up with me. I decided to save you the trouble of breaking up with me, and the trouble of having to deal with the breakup. Now you and Julie can be together. I told you that I'd love you till the day I died. I guess I'm keeping my word because I still love you. I REPEAT I LOVE YOU ADAM BANKS. NEVER FORGET THAT.
Love, Y/n.

I dropped to the floor crying. There is a hole in my heart that may never be filled. I go to sleep thinking of her beautiful face and the weight that was put in my chest because of the guilt I feel.

A/n this was for @bennyismine.