Hospital || Chapter Ten

'And for a while, you were all mine'•Till forever falls apart ~ Ashe•

•Till forever falls apart ~ Ashe•

The foggy morning soon rose, chirping birds and the small tap of a branch on the window was enough to wake you in Eli's arms. You had forgotten where you was for a moment, panic set deep in your stomach a little bit soon easing when you remembered what happened. He saved you. You where safe.

Your eyes felt sticky from the dried tears that night and your mouth was dry, leaving you with a pressure growing headache. "Eli?" You whispered, moving your head off of his chest to put your head down beside his. However he was still snoozing quietly to notice your words. His bed head was an even bigger mess than yours, you hadn't realised how long it actually was until it wasn't stuck up full of gel.

Pulling the soft blanket from beneath you , you step out onto the cold carpet to make your way to the toilet, hoping that he would be at least somewhat awake when coming back. You splashed your face lightly with the cold stream of water that left the tap, trying to wake yourself up but also trying to make yourself think straight. Your priorities where all wrong. You where here - at Eli's house, the boy who told you to live life without him. Where you could be with Miguel, by his very side so when he wakes up you could be there to comfort him.

You took your time in the bathroom before making your way back out, Eli still asleep as you did. Wandering around the room, you looked at what had changed over the last year when you stopped in front of his schoolwork-piled desk. You noticed that most of the things placed on top of the surface where mostly karate trophies or the odd picture of him and his new friends, but the picture that stood out the most was the one of you and him on the day of Demitri's 14th birthday. You had never seen that picture before, the both of you not even paying attention to the camera but laughing to each other instead. Letting your fingers glide over the photograph only made your heart ache again. Where did that happy bond go? Even more, Why did it go?

The silence in the room was interrupted by the crumple of Eli's sheets as he stretched his way out of bed. He hadn't been awake long but he had been awake long enough to see your fingers dance over the picture. Up to this day he wasn't so sure why he hadn't ever put that picture away like he did with his others, it was as if there was a wall blocking him from completely forgetting you out of his life even though he told himself he so badly wanted to. He simply just couldn't. "Hey." He yawned, stretching his arms up and over his head.

"Hey, good sleep?"

"Yeah actually, yeah. Did you?" He responded, being honest as he did. It was the best sleep he felt like he had in ages, no waking up at silly oh clock at night from a stupid nightmare or no staring to the ceiling hours on end. Because as soon as he felt your heartbeat lay next to his, he didn't think twice as hard about sleeping and was taken away naturally.

"Uhm yeah. Thank you. I-uh I think i should get going now anyways, do you know what hospital Miguel is at?" You ask, rubbing your palms over your eyes to try and keep you from falling more tired than you already where.