Distraction (A W2S FANFIC)

Explanation time! It's pretty self explanatory, but the first chapter of this Fanfic is in Abigail Wright's point of view. This story in particular alternates point of view every chapter, between Harry and Abby.

This story is based off of the song "Karma" by AJR.

It was a beautiful day. The sun made the chilled weather warmer, so that it felt like a typical spring afternoon. I'd fully opened my blinds in my office, since the whole back wall was a window. The view of the city from my office was gorgeous, and it calmed my patients when they could look outside.

I was a therapist. I was good at what I did, and I'd recently had to raise my rates to keep from getting too booked. My profession required that I was calm, yet energized, and I would find that extremely hard if I had too much on my plate.

My long, curly hair hung over my shoulders as I made my way to the waiting area in the small building, where two guys around my age were sitting in the lounge chairs.

"Harry Lewis?" I asked quietly. I adjusted my tight skirt and blouse as I looked between the two of them. The one with dirty blond hair had his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands, muttering something to his friend.

The friend stood, coming over to me. He had a dark trimmed beard and green eyes, and he almost looked tired.

"Harry?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "No, that's Harry. I'm his friend Josh. I know I booked an hour, but would you mind if I stayed in the room for the first few minutes? I had to drag him here."

I tilted my head. "You mean he didn't book his own appointment?"

He sighed. "Please? He really needs this."

"It's okay," I smiled warmly at him as I crossed off the last name on my clipboard for the day. It was my last appointment before I was able to go home. "Plenty of people come in without knowing they're meant to be here."

"Thank you," He tried his best to smile back at me, but I could tell it was forced. It seemed like this Harry guy was really giving him a hard time. Judging by the bags under his eyes, he hadn't been sleeping much. Whether it was from worry for his friend or his own problems, I wasn't sure, but I decided to turn my attention away from him. My focus needed to be on Harry for the time being.

Josh turned around, looking at Harry and speaking. "Harry, come on. It'll be good for you."

Harry scoffed before pushing himself to his feet, and I noticed that he was a few inches taller than me. I led them to my office and gestured to the couch closest to the window, where they both sat down.

"This is ridiculous," Harry groaned. "Look at her, she's not qualified for this."

"Harry," Josh grumbled. He gave me an apologetic look. "I'm sorry. He's not normally like this."

"That's okay, it's what I'm here for," I kept the warm smile on my face. "You'd be surprised how many patients have tried to choke me out."

Harry's eyes snapped up from his lap at that, which is what I was going for. I needed to see his eyes, and the only way for that to happen would be to get his attention.

Josh chuckled along tiredly. "Hear that, Harry? She's got plenty of experience."

Harry rolled his eyes, and I knew this was going to be hard. Josh could tell, too, because he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

I sat up straighter and turned my gaze to Josh. "Let's just start with the basics, okay? Since Harry doesn't feel much like talking, I'll ask you a few questions about how he's been acting."