Fake Girlfriend (A Behzinga FANFIC)

No explanation here, except for the fact that I know the first chapter is nothing related to the title, but there's a reason for that.

This story is based on the song "Know Your Name" by Iration.

The classroom was big. Huge. It was the only art classroom in the whole school. With art teachers quitting left and right for seemingly no reason, there wasn't any need for more than that.

Though nobody was sure the reason, the art teachers had all collectively left Jameson High School. So it can be said that, not only the students, but staff were grateful when Rebecca Wright interviewed for the job.

That's me. Ms Wright. The only art teacher remaining at that school. At twenty-five years old, it was only my second year of teaching, and my first at Jameson High. But I was excited as hell.

I'd spent the week prior setting up the classroom, making it feel as much like me as possible. I had a lot of space to work with, so I didn't have too much trouble. I cleaned up the pottery wheels at the back of the classroom, knowing it wouldn't make much of a difference since it would just get messy anyway. Ceramics was my favorite class to teach, and I was disappointed when only fifteen students signed up for it. It took up the last class period of the day, but the smaller the class, the better. I loved getting to know the students.

I taught several other art classes; Jewelry, Drawing and Painting, Ceramics, and Photography. I was excited for all of them, but it seemed like not many students were interested in art.

I was going to change that.

By the end of the semester, everyone would have heard about how amazing art is. My classes would be filling up, and I'd love every minute of it.

I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall, giggling at the glass-stain that was splattered all over it. I loved things colorful, what can I say?

Still thirty minutes until school started. I wasn't expecting any students to come in more than ten minutes early, since it was the first day, so I had time to set everything up for my first class, Drawing and Painting.

First impressions were everything.

I took a deep breath in and set out a canvas on every single table. I know it was a bit much for the first day, but I wanted them to have fun and have a break from their actual hard classes.

Once I set out the small canvases at their seats, I went into the storage room to get out the liquid acrylic paints. I heard the door to my classroom open and close, so I stepped out of the closet to see who it could be.

I tilted my head at a face I didn't recognize, brushing off my, already paint-covered, denim overalls. I had on a white shirt underneath them, but I wasn't expecting it to be white for much longer.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked.

I could tell he was another teacher because he had a stubble on his face, and he seemed more mature than a senior would be. He had tan skin and brown eyes, and he smiled at me. "Just thought I'd check in on the new recruit."

I sighed. "It's normal to be this nervous, right?"

He chuckled. "Yeah. I know I was. The Video Production teacher before me was apparently the best there was, so I had big shoes to fill. I like to think I'm doing alright, though."

I smiled warmly at him, holding out my hand. "I'm, uh, Ms Wright."

He grinned and took my hand. "Here, we call each other by our first names. I'm Vik. Mr Barn, if we're being formal."