Chapter 20 - Fensalir

Frigga's magic is unlike any you've experienced before. 

When Loki uses his seidr to teleport the both of you, it always feels the same. A sudden dropping sensation in your stomach. A slight buzz in your temples. 

But Frigga's magic is...soft. Gentle. As your feet land on incredibly smooth stones, you realize you didn't experience that brief falling sensation. And you have no buzzing in your head. 

Surprised by how easily Frigga has just teleported all five of you, it takes you a moment to see the beauty that surrounds you. But once you do, you already hate the idea of leaving it behind.

Standing in a small courtyard, your eyes are drawn to the small waterfall rushing into a sculpted pond nearby. The sound of the rushing water nearly drowns out the sound of the gales that fall upon the empty space from the mountains that surround you. 

"Come, children," Frigga's voice calls out. 

You turn to follow her, and your eyes widen at the massive ivory palace carved into the side of the mountain ahead. 

"Kærasta," whispers Loki quietly, taking your hand as he holds Anthony on his hip, pulling you forward gently.

You know your feet are moving, you can feel them. But you're unable to tear your gaze from the otherworldly walls and arches - beautiful patterns carved into the stone so intricately they almost appear to be made of lace.

"Where are we?" you breath out, intoxicated by the beauty of this place.

"Fensalir," whispers Loki, as the two of you follow several paces behind Thor and Frigga.

Passing through the first set of arches into the palace, Frigga opens the massive front doors, which empty into a stunning foyer with spotless white marble floors, lit by crystal chandeliers above.

"It's...I don't...," words escape you as you try to articulate just how beautiful this place is.

"I know, elskling," says Loki. "I know."

You follow Frigga, Thor, and Loki up the massive stairs in front of you and through the halls of the palace until you reach what can be described as a living room. The white marble floors have given way to warm wooden ones, covered in the finest golden rugs. The windows, floor to ceiling, are framed by matching golden curtains. 

Dark mahogany furniture, gilded in that same gold, warm the room. 

"Please, children. Sit," says Frigga, gesturing towards the couches and loveseats near a massive, palatial hearth.

You cast a glance over at Loki, and see that Anthony has laid his little head down on Loki's shoulder, his eyes drooping shut. After such an emotional day, he has grown tired.

"Frigga, is there a place I can put him down for a nap?" you ask, gesturing towards the little boy in his father's arms.