The Duel

Tw: language, mention of death, mention of suicide, blood

3rd Person POV

Punz and George questioned Dream's choice to add Blaze to the deal, while Sapnap sat there with a smirk on his face. He was the only one in the group who knew about his friend's feelings for this girl. Everyone tried to comfort Tommy, but he shoved them off, saying he needed a walk. The duel was set for 12:00 in the morning, about 1.5 hours from now. Blaze and Niki left for the cottage, wanting to get her a change of clothes. Some of the other Dream SMP members tried to stop the girls, since the cottage was now considered a part of the SMP, but Dream let her go.

After all, this could be her last time seeing that cottage.

Niki and Blaze arrived inside. Almost immediately tears flooded the poor girl's eyes. Niki tried to comfort her, but Blaze wasn't looking for sympathy. She wiped the tears away in frustration at herself for showing that much emotion. Blaze changed into a heavy red coat and some plain black pants. She put on some of her softer socks, slipping her feet into the combat boots.

"Here, come sit." Niki guided her to the bed. Blaze sat next to her, taking a glance at her watch. It read 10:48. Niki leaned her head on Blaze's shoulder, taking her hands. They didn't say a word to one another, the 2 girls sat in silence. Even through the pain in her abdomen, Blaze still felt alright.

When 11:00 came around, they decided to go back, knowing people might be looking for them. Blaze grabbed a bag and filled it with a few things. The daggers, a sketchbook and pen, a healing potion just in case things did indeed go South, and an envelope filled with 4 different photos.

The first one had every citizen of L'Manberg in it, including Eret. She scowled at him when she saw the picture, but still kept it.

The second was the only photo she had of her mother and father. Her mother was leaning over her father as he strummed a guitar.

The third was a picture of Blaze and Dante. They were standing at a park that she remembered so vaguely. This was taken a month before his death.

The final picture was of Tommy, Wilbur, and Tubbo. Tommy was jumping between them, beaming, Wilbur was dying of laughter, while Tubbo had a wholesome smile plastered on his face.

Each of these photos meant a lot to her. She had never framed them, not wanting to have to rob L'Manberg of its shortage of nails. Still, they meant just as much to her in the envelope as they would on the wall. As Blaze and Niki walked out of the cottage, Blaze was filled with a new sense of safety.

Even if she did leave L'Manberg today, all the memories were going with her.

Blaze POV

Saying I was nervous is an understatement. Of course I love Tommy and trust him with all my heart, but I don't trust any of them on the opposing side. Nik and I arrived back in L'Manberg, a fake smile plastered on her face. I kept my expression calm and collected, taking deep breaths. Wilbur stood near the kitchen, speaking to Fundy. I held onto the wound with my free hand as I approached him. Will turned his head to me, giving a small and charming smile.

"How are you feeling about all this?" Will asked. I glanced down, then back up at the 2 of them. Fundy handed me a water bottle he must've been saving. I thanked him, opening it for a drink. It was still cold, making it a refreshing drink.

"As good as I can be." I said truthfully. Wilbur locked eyes with me. I smiled warmly, and so did he.

"Don't worry, no matter what happens you'll be okay." He reassured me. Once again with 'that' tone.