Chapter 13: Kidnapped

Roman's POV

A couple of hours go by of excessive questions and annoying ass students not shutting the fuck up for two seconds. Coach, who stayed on his phone the entire time, finally lets me go and I sigh in relief.

Thank the lord!

I walk back to my car and pass the dance studio from where I hear music, though the yelling in the room is not only familiar, but very loud. I stop in my tracks and hear more words be loudly screamed.

"I didn't tell her about us," I hear a girl's voice say defensively, yet in such a soft tone that I barely heard it.

"You're a whore, that's what you are!" the guy voices back bitterly. "Go kill yourself," he seethes, making true anger build inside of me.

"I'm sorry," this time I recognize the softness of the tone, making the other person's voice be known too.

What the hell did he just say?

The rage I feel towards him for saying that shit towards her makes my feet walk right through the double doors and straight towards them with control felt over my own body.

I may be an asshole, but he crossed a line.

***

Alaiya's POV:

Carson continues to yell at me for a girl who said she wouldn't kiss him because she said he was with me. He assumed that I had told her which I definitely did not.

All of a sudden, the doors are heard open and both Carson and I shut our mouths simultaneously. Carson turns his head around and I look from beside his body only to see Roman entering the room.

He looks angry but looks to be covering it up for some reason which is probably why he looks so oddly calm.

"What are you doing here?" Carson's tone and attitude have completely changed into more of a friendly manner.

I fold my arms and look down at the floor to hide the water on my cheeks.

"Coach needed me to get something," Roman says casually once he gets closer to us.

He glances over at my fearful body language for what might happen if Carson and he get in an argument because of me. I shake my head slightly at him because I don't know what Carson will do to me after this. Carson looks over at me and I turn my head back towards the floor to act like I didn't do anything. Instead, I walk over to the speaker so that my body is turned around while wiping the tears away. I swallow the lump down inside my throat and unplug my phone from the speaker. I came to get some practice in for the dance Mrs.Lambert had given me since I had nothing better to do; I just didn't know that Carson would come here to find me about him and whatever happened with that girl or else I would've stayed home.

"So do you call all your girlfriends sluts or...?" Roman asks sarcastically, making my eyes widen and my head snap around to see Carson's body filled with fear.

I've never seen him look so afraid. Usually, that's me so it's an odd sight to see.

Why is Roman even defending me? Didn't he and the entire team call me all those things? Is he joking or playing a prank on me? His body language and face look pretty serious to me.

"She's not my girlfriend." Carson shakes his head, trying to stay strong with a small laugh but I can see that he's afraid.

"Roman, I'm fine," my voice doesn't come out as strong as I intended it to be, but at least it came out.