nineteen.

"Bro, please hurry up," Mekhi chuckled

"Bro, please hurry up," Mekhi chuckled. "Aja gon be in this same bed when you come back,"

"Babe, go head," Aja giggled as Traveon said bye to her for the fifth time.

Today, Mekhi was going to the mall to try and finish shopping for Sakari's birthday gift. Her birthday was tomorrow—he had everything, mostly. He just wanted some small things to top it off. He was fine going alone, but Trae asked him to come so he could get her a present as well—but he was taking forever.

"Aight aight," Trae finally joined Khi at the door. "See you later, baby,"

"See you," she waved sleepily. "Bye, Khi!"

"Bye sis," he waved back, and they were off.

Once they got to the car, Khi immediately cut the heat on before driving off. North Carolina wasn't the coldest he'd ever experienced—Detroit winters were hell on earth to him, but it was still pretty cold and he hated the cold.

He didn't understand how Sakari could enjoy this kind of weather, it was so gloomy and the cold literally stung.

Maybe it was because she didn't have to go outside as much.

"She still mad at you?" Trae smirked, and Khi sucked his teeth.

"She not mad. She's irritated with me," he chuckled. "I told her I'd be fine! She worries too much, gon stress her lil ass out,"

"Nigga somebody need to stress! You reckless as hell in that gym that's why you hurt now!" Trae fussed.

Khi sighed loudly and dramatically, having heard this from Sakari yesterday. She was highly upset because he pulled something in his back again, but worse this time, and while it wasn't terrible it was enough that he was complaining of being in pain every other hour.

He was having some muscle cramps, it hurt to walk yesterday but he was a little bit better today, and he was just generally having bad back pain. She fussed him out pretty good the night before and Trae heard it all.

"She just worried about you, you did this last year with your damn hamstring. Just sit it out till you completely good," Trae reiterated his statement from the night prior.

"I am," he sighed. "I promised I would,"

"Good, I'd snitch if you wasn't going to,"

"Huh?! Nigga you my friend!" Khi exclaimed.

"And she's your girlfriend. What she say go," he teased and Khi chuckled, knowing he was absolutely right. Even if Kari didn't make him promise, the fact that she was even that upset would be enough to keep him out the weight room.
Once at the mall, he checked his phone, to see Sakari had finally texted him back—he knew she was asleep all morning.

luv🌹: goodmorning. i love you too 🙄
: aht take that fuckin emoji back before we gotta scrap.
luv🌹: no ☝🏾

He shook his head with a chuckle, knowing she was still annoyed. He would also not stop bothering her, as was in his nature. He apologized, so she'd be over it sooner than later. If he did not apologize, she wouldn't have texted him back.