K. Nanami - New Issues

You've never been nervous to go home. Nanami knows that you're comfortable with him, and that you always have been. He always took pride in being able to relax you, but recently he's been feeling like he's losing a grip on your feelings. What you're thinking is becoming a mystery to him.

It's frustrating. You won't communicate, and you barely even talk to him anymore. Sometimes you don't come home until after he's asleep. This is becoming the new normal, and Nanami hates it.

He's been quite busy himself, so he can't really blame you, but he just wants to understand. Understand what's going on in your head because it's not normal.

Tonight is another night where you're coming home late, but this time he's determined to say up and wait. He grabs a book and sits on the couch, determined to confront you.

It only takes an hour for you to get home, and he's notified by the front door creaking inward. He keeps his position, only looking up as you walk into the room.

You're rubbing your eye, holding your shoes in hand and yawning. When you look up, you catch his eye quickly.

"Kento." You say lightly. "I didn't think you'd be awake."

"I was waiting for you."

"Oh. Sorry for making you stay up. Let's go to bed now, yeah?"

"Actually I wanted to talk to you about something first." He says, closing his book and setting it next to him.

"Mhm. What is it?"

"Has something happened recently? Have I done something wrong, or have you been struggling?"

"Of course not. You haven't done anything."

"Y/N, I know when you lie."

You shift on your feet, pressing your lips together. "I'm serious about you not doing anything wrong."

"So that means that something else is the matter? I don't want this conversation to go in circles."

"I can handle it, I just need some time."

"Don't give me that shit." He grumbles, looking at you annoyed. "If it's causing you to close yourself off then you clearly can't handle it."

"I want to. Sorry, but I'm not naturally open enough that I can just comfortably share my gross thoughts with you."

"Aren't you supposed to be completely comfortable with me?"

You roll your eyes, pressing your forehead to your palm. "Sure, but right now I can't feel that way. I love you, but I need space to figure it out myself."

"You're being selfish."

"On what planet am I being selfish? I'm telling you straight up that I'm struggling and I think I know what's best for me."

Nanami stands up, walking closer and standing right in front of you. "Do you? I see how much you reportedly deal with, but it always comes back to bite you in the ass."

"Very philosophical of you." You poke him in the chest. "Now let's just go to bed because I'm pretty over this."

He groans, and lifts his hand to run it through his hair. When it passes your field of vision, he sees you flinch. You flinched.

"Y/N. Are you-" He says slowly, cutting off when you take a quick step back from him.

"Uh. I'm going to get some air."

"Don't run away from this."

You shake your head and laugh unhumorously, turning around. Before you can make it too far, he closes the distance and wraps his fingers around your wrist.