chapter 20 - snowdoe

It was finally the weekend before Christmas break started. James had still been avoiding the girl of his dreams. It had been 3 weeks since their kiss.

And Remus had finally gotten tired of their ignorance, so did what he does best. Come up with a genius plan and make Sirius feel like he came up with it. 

"So Pads, remember that plan you told me about yesterday?" Remus questioned.

Sirius turned to look at him, confusion behind his gaze, "Mmm yea I remember but you said that you had something to add to it, so i need you to tell me the whole plan so we can see where something should be added." 

Remus turned his head to the side for a second, snickering, stopping when he turned back to Sirius, "So I thinkyou said something about how we should lock Ember and James somewhere so they can stop sulking around the castle whining about each other. Agreed?"

"Yea honestly I usually wouldn't prank deer old Prongs, but I agree for this instance."

As Sirius snickered at his own joke, while Remus rolled his eyes,"Okay then here's the plan..."

* * * *

Ember was up in the astronomy tower, watching the sun set over the horizon.She leaned up against the railing, her forearms resting against the cold metal. She deeply inhaled the cold air, letting it take over her body. She opened her arms, as if the was taking in the world. She moved to step up onto the railing, shuffling the the end to the railing before putting her hand on the overhang and hauling herself up onto the top op the astronomy tower. 

This was probably the only place where she felt she do anything. She felt a gust of wind blow through her hair, causing her to deeply inhale the smell of fresh air once again, almost as if she felt free once she had a chance to breathe. She laid back, her red and brown hair spreading on the roof of the astronomy tower. She continued to gaze up at the stars, finding her favorite stars and murmuring them to herself, as if she was acknowledging them. She turned her head to the side, a small smile flitting across her features at the sight of the quidditch pitch. She was brought out of her thoughts, her mind deciding is was time to sleep. But before Ember could haul herself to her dorm, a white snowflake landed on her jumper. She looked up to the sky in wonder, her eyes filled with pure joy. Something that was not commonly seen in Ember's case. 

As time passed, more snowflakes poured from the heavens, stars painting the deep blue sky above. Ember was in 2 inches of snow before she decided it was time to sleep. She decided to sleep in her own dorm instead of the astronomy tower tonight. As her bare feet tapped the stone stairs below, her mind went into overdrive. She began thinking about what her life would be like if her James were dating. 

It was a dream, dating an imaginary James. He was goofy, sarcastic, sweet, a romantic. She wondered if he was really like this, or was it all just a figment of her imagination. Her mind continued to create pictures of her and James as she walked down the carpeted corridor alone. Her body suddenly felt cold, something was missing. She realized she had been feeling off for the past 3 weeks. That just happened to be the same amount of time that James and Ember had been ignoring one another. She sighed, her eyes now filled with unshed tears. But she carried on to the fat lady. But she hated bothering the fat lady in the middle of the night, so she asked for the person she wanted the most through her patronus.

"hey we need to talk," she spoke to her doe before sending it off to the intended recipient. As she waited by the portrait, her yawns became more frequent and her drowsiness increased. She was fast asleep while the recipient was still figuring out who it was that sent the patronus. 

* * * *

James was awoken at 2 o'clock AM by a doe patronus. He sat up instantly, trying to shield himself from the bright light that stood in front of his bed. He failed to rub the sleep from his eyes, failing miserably as he ended up poking himself in the eye. While holding his face in slight pain, James came to the conclusion thought he was either dreaming or hallucinating, so he flopped back down on the pillow putting his busy mind to rest once more.

As he tried to go to sleep, the bright light stood in the same place, cocking its head to the side, trying to understand the drowsy boy's actions.

James, after 2 minutes, had failed to go to sleep and followed the doe down the creaky stairway. He reached the portrait, stopping for a second to rest his head against the wall. He peeked his head out of the common room to find a sleeping Ember on the floor. He sighed, figuring out that she just needed to be let in, and that it was her patronus. He felt a little guilty for not finding her earlier, but they weren't exactly speaking at the moment. 

He leaned down, putting his ear next to her mouth, just to make sure she was alive, because she looked a little too peaceful. After he felt hot air on his ear, he picked her up bridal style, and carried her into his dorm. He laid her on the maroon sheets, letting a small smile take over his face at her peaceful state. He tucked her in under the covers, putting a small blanket over her to make sure she was warm enough. James was way too tired  to deal with the thought swimming around his head. So he laid down at the foot of the bed, eventually drifting off to a dreamless sleep.

a/n - omg guys i'm so sorry, i have been really busy. And I still am busy, so i am sorry if this chapter feels rushed or not good enough. It was a bit of a filler chapter, but nonetheless please keep commenting about what you think about the story, it absolutely makes my day!! i love you all so much, we are so close to 19k, like WOW. anyways love u bae see yall's later. 

-productivity should increase after may 19th btw