Chapter Eight

Third person, pov

"Alright, so who is diving?" Jeje asked and eyed each of her friends. She would not be going alone, in case she dies of drowning — someone would take on the mission. Of course, she didn't want to die all alone, Dragging people sure is the best option.

"Listen, since I got this pyro vision, cold water is way too cold for me. " Arletha said, huffing.

Jeje rolled her eyes, perhaps tired with Arletha's bullshit. She's just not a big fan of cold water. What a chicken.

"Yukine, you're coming with me, okay?" She asked.

With a sigh, Yukine agreed. Jeje turned her head towards cenne who was still washing her shoes. Jeje sighed at the scene in front of her.

She thought, 'cenne is already soaked, maybe she wouldn't mind diving with us.'

"Cenne, " Jeje yelled, gaining the attention of Cenne. She only wanted Cenne to come for fun, Two was enough but if you could get three then why not?

"No."

Jeje widened her eyes, probably didn't expect this thing. She walked closer to Cenne, asking her.

"Do you know what I was about to say?"

Cenne huffed,

"I'm not leaving my babies, Je. And that's final."

"Oh come on, no one is going to steal your shoes."

"Hey! They have a name, okay?! Don't be rude!"

Jeje scoffed. Cenne goes back to doing whatever she was doing without guilt. A little bit of bribing would probably work, Jeje just didn't know what to offer to Cenne as negotiation.

Arletha then spoke up, "Cenne if you go I'll share 5/8 of my food for the rest of the week. How about that?" But oh well, since you don't want to join her, I might as well eat all of it, yum yum!" Cenne looked at Arletha's direction. She wiped her dripping saliva off her mouth,

"Think about so many foods that you can get just from this mission, Cen. Just for one simple mission."

Cenne perks up, clearly interested in this deal. She stood up in front of Arletha, with a glimmering eyes of hope. You can even see your reflection through her eyes.

"4 months!"

"Rest of the week."

"3 months!"

"Rest of the week."

"2 months!"

"Rest of the week."

"One?"

"Rest of the week."

"Three weeks!"

"Oh my God, no!"

"Two, please!"

"I refuse."