2 | Caren

"Man, It's always the same fuckin' shit witchu

"Man, It's always the same fuckin' shit witchu."

I paused, Tupperware in my hand of leftover food I cooked hours before, I pulled my head back as my expression scowled. "The fuck did you say?" My question came out aggressive, as I slammed the refrigerator door.

My husband, Xavier Rhodes—athletic build, six foot five, and carob brown skin—leaned on the island counter wearing designer sweatpants and no shirt, letting his wide shoulders and chiseled muscles be exposed in front of me. Both of his arms and chest were covered in meaningful tattoos.

I let the Tupperware fall on the counter. "Always the same shit?" I reiterated, "It is always the same shit witchu, punk ass."

He paused chewing, deadpanning when I pushed him and I continued. "I do this cause of you! You didn't come home last night and got the audacity to walk yo big ass in this mufucka in the evening of the next goddamn day, eating the food I cooked. You can't even tell me the truth and let me know where you were."

"I told you, it got late and I stayed over Alec's in the den."

I eyed him, unbelievably. "You stayed over Alec's in the den? So why I call Sasha tell me you wasn't there. But guess who was there? Alec! Come with something else smarter."

"She was fuckin' asleep when I got there so of course she aint know."

"Oh, now she was sleep?"

The arrogance in his head nod sent off my emotions and I pushed the plate from his hand, the glass shattering and food covering the floor, as I pointed my finger in his face angrily. "Stop fucking lying to me, X. Stop. If you were with another bitch, then just say that shit. Don't look me in my eyes, standing here as if it's me that's tripping, and lie to me. Tell me the truth."

He stared down at me in a calm state. "I wasn't wit no other bitch. I was over—"

My annoyed groan interrupted him. "If you say Alec one more time, Xavier, I'm going to punch you dead in your mouth. I swear."

X's tongue passed over his lips. "What I need to cheat on you for when I got you in front of me, Caren? My wife, my Queen, the mother of my kids."

I sucked my teeth. "Oh, shut the fuck up with that "My wife; my queen" bullshit because it's not working today. You been having this wife, this queen for eighteen fucking years and that ain't stop yo ass from fucking those thirsty ass bitches you fucked on the road. So don't hit me with that anymore because I'm not that young naive woman no more."